• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "F1 Japanese GP Qualifying"

Collapse

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    No. They got penalised for not slowing down enough under the yellow flag so are 10th and 12th. The stewards have said that the grid will be 'finalised' 4 hours before the race (whatever that means)
    It's probably because that's when other drivers (i.e. Heikki Kovalainen) have to declare that they have changed parts on the car (gearbox) which attracts a grid penalty.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    Think you`ll find they`re used to it, that was the normal back in the Schumi era - he was a clear no.1 team leader from the beginning. His team mates used to get the spare parts car.
    I can't see Massa settling to be #2, especially after very nearly winning the championship last year. But TBH I think the extent that Schumacher was given an advantage is somewhat exaggerated, and the truth is that neither Irvine nor Barcihello were as good, and would never have been given completely equal treatment.

Alonso vs Massa in Ferrari will be interesting, as will Hamilton vs Raikonnen in McLaren. I think both will treat their drivers equally.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post
    No doubt they'll keep peanilising other drivers until until Nakajima is on the front row

Leave a comment:

• krytonsheep
    replied
    The stewards have said that the grid will be 'finalised' 4 hours before the race
    No doubt they'll keep peanilising other drivers until until Nakajima is on the front row

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    No. They got penalised for not slowing down enough under the yellow flag so are 10th and 12th. The stewards have said that the grid will be 'finalised' 4 hours before the race (whatever that means)
    Haven't checked the F1 updates online yet.

It will be an interesting finish to the season and then a more interesting start next year to see who's doing what and with whom?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    missed it despite Norpusses II and III having a barney at 5.50am, also missed the later version through going out.

Ah well, will watch the fun and games tomorrow.

am I right in assuming Button is 7th and Barrichello 5th on the grid?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    missed it despite Norpusses II and III having a barney at 5.50am, also missed the later version through going out.

Ah well, will watch the fun and games tomorrow.

am I right in assuming Button is 7th and Barrichello 5th on the grid?

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Hope Ferarri know what they are letting themselves in for.
    Think you`ll find they`re used to it, that was the normal back in the Schumi era - he was a clear no.1 team leader from the beginning. His team mates used to get the spare parts car. I think that`s one of the problems Ferrari have at the moment, the lack of a clear No1. Some teams cope well with equal standing (McClaren).

I find F1 quite dull but watch the races if I can, but no early start for me.

I`m suprised by Fisi, he couldhave made the difference at F.India and won a race this year but he ran after the dosh and prestige of the Ferrari name, what a bozo . Imagine winning a race for Force India, that would be amazing, for Ferrari it`s just another win and as he isn`t embedded into the team, it won`t happen.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    The Sky+ programme guide is pretty smart if changes are made to programme schedules, but I don't know about last minute changes, especially extensions.
    It depends on the broadcaster sending the right signals, and I think the BBC do. I'm sure I've had that happen before.

I'll probably get up for it tomorrow, as it seems like it might be quite entertaining. Just watched the repeat today.

Vetel's still in with a chance of the championship (25 points behind, 30 left to win). But winning tomorrow with Button out of the points, as the starting positions suggest, would be a big step.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I'l be up to watch the race tomorrow (tooo tired this morning...)

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Speaking of which - to put it bluntly, you don't get too many female F1 nuts - and getting up at 5am to watch qualifying is a definite sign of a nut.
    It's a fair cop. The cars are shiny technical things - what am I supposed to do?

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    I think Alonso might find his ego has some stiff competition when he gets to Ferrari. Nothing compares to the ego of your average Italian male
    Speaking of which - to put it bluntly, you don't get too many female F1 nuts - and getting up at 5am to watch qualifying is a definite sign of a nut.

I don't think Ruebens is out of the hunt yet. If he manages to keep it on the track he'll get good points.
    I just hope that whoever wins the WDC acutally goes out and wins it, rather than limps over the line - as Jenson seems determined to do. All of Jenson's victories were when he had substantially superior equipment. Since mid season when there has been parity, he's looked decidely average.

Ruebens on the other hand - just seems to want it that bit more, so I wouldn't be that disappointed if he actually won it.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Fair points centurian.

I think Alonso might find his ego has some stiff competition when he gets to Ferrari. Nothing compares to the ego of your average Italian male

I don't think Ruebens is out of the hunt yet. If he manages to keep it on the track he'll get good points.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Alonso probably is the best driver currently in F1, but is the most self-centred driver I have ever seen - far more so than Schumacher.

His indirect actions have almost brought two large teams to the brink. He didn't make Nigel Stepney steal information, or Nelson Piquet crash, but his insistent demand to be the "No1 driver in the team" contributed to both events coming to light. Hope Ferarri know what they are letting themselves in for.

Little sympathy for the Brawn's I am afraid. Had they gone out straight away after the 2nd red flag, they would have had a "banker" lap on the board and it wouldn't have been a problem. Very surprised Ross didn't see that coming.

Also surprised that Reubens didn't insist on doing something different to Jenson. Given the same equipment, if he does the same as Jenson, the most he can hope for is a few more points than him. He needs something radical to overhaul that lead.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I like Alonso but he can be a sneaky little barsteward so

The penalties do seem a bit harsh on the Brawns as they didn't have much time to react to the flags.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X