• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Monkeying around for National Freelancers' Day?"

Collapse

• Contractor UK
    replied
    oh dear

Thanks to those who did show an interest here (just the very small handful unfortunately). Unfortunately there aren't enough to make it worthwhile this time around which is a shame, so we'll have to think of something else or try this idea again another time.

Sorry all :-(

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Would not give Go Ape the fluff from my arse.

We had to fend them off from using our local park, see here

10 pin bowling would be OK but Go Ape can GTF
    Why would you rather have 10-pin bowling than go ape?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Would not give Go Ape the fluff from my arse.

We had to fend them off from using our local park, see here

10 pin bowling would be OK but Go Ape can GTF

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    *Ahem*

Well I thought you were still on holiday!

Well done that squirrel, though.

(although you will have the jump on us when it gets to the climbing bit...)

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Look's like I may not make it, lots of life things up in the air so cannot commit to anything that far in advance.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Can we ask that you post (suitably anonymous) pictures so those of us who cant make it get to share.

BTW you all missed out on a tremendous CUK piss up I had in Stuttgart. Maybe next year eh.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    So, is anyone else apart from me, Zippy, norrahe and Brillopad going to this thing then?
    *Ahem*

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Contractor UK View Post
    Thanks to those of you who've emailed in as well as shown interest here. Central to London seems to be an obvious choice so far for location, so perhaps either Wendover/Bucks or Bracknell on Saturday 21st November if we can get a few more people. Nice to see people feeling brave!

Any more for any more?

So, is anyone else apart from me, Zippy, norrahe and Brillopad going to this thing then?

It promises to be a belter!

Send your mail to the editor if you are...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    One of the spots is not so far from me in Woburn.

But whererver we end up t'will be fun

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    I've seen the Rivington (Lancashire) course. It looks ace - most of it is up in the trees but there's a massive line that goes out over the beach beside the reservoir. Best of all it, it is well tucked into the woods so it doesn't mess up the rare local beauty spot.

Have fun!
    Ooh I hope so. Have wanted to do one of those line things for ages.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I've seen the Rivington (Lancashire) course. It looks ace - most of it is up in the trees but there's a massive line that goes out over the beach beside the reservoir. Best of all it, it is well tucked into the woods so it doesn't mess up the rare local beauty spot.

Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    National Freelancers Day? FFS! The permies at ClientCo have just found out about this today and I've been taking sh1t all day!

What knuckle-head came up with this?

Leave a comment:

• Contractor UK
    replied
    Thanks to those of you who've emailed in as well as shown interest here. Central to London seems to be an obvious choice so far for location, so perhaps either Wendover/Bucks or Bracknell on Saturday 21st November if we can get a few more people. Nice to see people feeling brave!

Any more for any more?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Naw, that's racist, innit..

And anyway, not sure if I could find a pair of brown trousers short enough...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    No doubt Bob will be appying..
    Why not all dress as Bob?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X