• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Would you ignore?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would you ignore?"

Collapse

• singhr
    replied
    Just ask the agent to supply the name of the company, person hiring, the maximum they are prepared to pay and the commission the agency expects to make in order to 'speed things up' from your end.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
    I applied for a role and just received the following email:

Hi

Thank you for your recent application for the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx role.

Due to the high volume of applicants, we request 2 references complete with contact details to help speed up your application.

Best regards,
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Would you ignore it?
    If you were swimming in a river and saw a juicy worm attached to a hook would you still bite it?

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You can use my 2 references...

M Mouse
    Disneyland
    California

Superman
    Fortress of Solitude
    North Pole
    I just checked your first reference, Mr M Mouse said he does not like minestrone soup.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    You can use my 2 references...

M Mouse
    Disneyland
    California

Superman
    Fortress of Solitude
    North Pole

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    At least they didn't get the references
    Indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    Yes
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
    Ah. That should have been obvious. Time wasters. I think I want a contract so much I am completely blind to these games.
    At least they didn't get the references

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Ah. That should have been obvious. Time wasters. I think I want a contract so much I am completely blind to these games.

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    noooo, i think zippy is correct

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    I did apply for a role but if the agent has not bothered to even call me then I think everyone is right just to ignore it.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I don't think you applied for a role ...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    yes , next

or if you're that bothered, give them your last two agencies details.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Cool! Deleted now and ignored.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    yes , next

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied