• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Humph :-(

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Humph :-("

Collapse

• Pogle
    replied
    I actually quite like London - I'm a city girl, (I grew up in the country and frankly think its overrated) I like the buzz. What I don't enjoy about London is the tube. I also miss home life, BUT I do get to go out and do stuff I wouldn't normally do at home, because I'm on my own and don't need a babysitter.
    So make the most of it - and come along to the pub

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is that available outside London?
    www.wharf.co.uk

but it doesn't have a classified sections

www.lourdes-estates.com
    www.alanselby.co.uk
    www.savills.co.uk
    www.lifestylepropertyagents.com
    www.franklynjames.co.uk
    www.fjlord.co.uk

This one does
    www.docklands24.co.uk/content/classifieds/

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You have been watching too many zombie movies.
    Brrrains
    Oh I forgot, the pollution in London (jsut a few mins out and about results in black stuff up the beak) probably damages the brain and lungs so even zombies wouldn`t want to reside there.

joking aside, sas, which area of london do you live?

I would have been around the Chelsea overnight then through Pimlico then to drop someone off in Lambeth then South West towards the M3 I think passing Clapham as I tried to escape, not sure entirely as I was just following the Satnav while looking at the poor Londoners roaming the streets looking sad and grim
    Last edited by SuperZ; 18 September 2009, 21:43.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Is your little bit of paradise representative of the rest of the city? London has been caught with it's pants down so now what? I'd rather be living in the countryside when civil the unrest breaks out.
    You have been watching too many zombie movies.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Funny that coming up to middle age, lived in London all my life in various places, been burgled once, never been assaulted, never seen as much violence as I did when I lived up North for a year, live in a nice clean area with the lowest council tax in England, close to London's brilliant public transport so don't need to spend thousands on a car.
    Typing this in my garden office, looking at the apple tree and sipping a single malt.
    Go figure.
    Is your little bit of paradise representative of the rest of the city? London has been caught with it's pants down so now what? I'd rather be living in the countryside when civil the unrest breaks out.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Funny that coming up to middle age, lived in London all my life in various places, been burgled once, never been assaulted, never seen as much violence as I did when I lived up North for a year, live in a nice clean area with the lowest council tax in England, close to London's brilliant public transport so don't need to spend thousands on a car.
    Typing this in my garden office, looking at the apple tree and sipping a single malt.
    Go figure.
    I would worry if I was paying you to provide statistical information.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruse View Post
    I lived in London for 20 years in various places(North,South and East) and suffered the usual multiple burgalries (once while we were asleep in the house), attempted assaults by psycho bored youths(no provocation), really crap schools etc. However I had some great times, great parties, great friends, great jobs. But there does come a time as you get a bit older when the violence, the rudeness, the dirt, the overpopulation, the traffic and the schools make you want to leave.
    Go figure.

Leave a comment:

• Ruse
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    My answer is all of the above
    Dunno, many consider me quite sharp. Somebody on the tinternet defending the hell hole town they live in might not I can always predict when someone`s gonna get personal especially a londoner
    I lived in London for 20 years in various places(North,South and East) and suffered the usual multiple burgalries (once while we were asleep in the house), attempted assaults by psycho bored youths(no provocation), really crap schools etc. However I had some great times, great parties, great friends, great jobs. But there does come a time as you get a bit older when the violence, the rudeness, the dirt, the overpopulation, the traffic and the schools make you want to leave.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I like London in small doses, wouldn't want to live there full time though, far too overcrowded and the really bad areas are pretty close to the good ones. Outside of London you can steer clear of the sh1tholes. I still remember a school Humanities lesson where we studied the squalid deprivation of the inner city London, and how only the poor couldn't afford to leave but were desperate to. How times have changed in the last few decades, now we have middle class professionals on this site defending their decision to live there.

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Not the sharpest tool in the box, are you?

Which part of London are you talking about?

Richmond, Chelsea, Wandsworth, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Tooting Clapham, Tottenham, Thamesmead, Rotherhithe, Ealing, Harrow, Wembley etc etc etc etc ? Eh? Which one - they're all different. Cretin.
    My answer is all of the above
    Dunno, many consider me quite sharp. Somebody on the tinternet defending the hell hole town they live in might not I can always predict when someone`s gonna get personal especially a londoner
    Last edited by SuperZ; 18 September 2009, 17:21.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is that available outside London?
    I will check it tonight it might be on-line.

PM me in case I forget to reply, I will post a list of agents links.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    I liked Ealing very much. The Green, Walpole Park, lovely!

The outer edges of Hanwell can be almost like living in the countryside - until you stray too far West and get to the shyt pit that is Southhall.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So what do you love about london? There`s tooooooo many people, likewise for cars, a lot of people look dirty and scruffy, the place is dirty. You ride the tube and there is scientific evidence to claim the average seat has every possibly bodily fluid on it, so you end up sitting where someone has sp***ed up, pi&&ed themselves or had the squirts. You go somewhere and everyone else seems to be there. Sure there`s much to do but it`s a place full of sheep who have flocked there. I mean the quality of life is relatively poor. Rats, polution, gordon brown. What about crime.
    Then again it could grow on you I suppose
    Good place to live if this super duper killer virus ever appears.....and you`re suicidal
    Not the sharpest tool in the box, are you?

Which part of London are you talking about?

Richmond, Chelsea, Wandsworth, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Tooting Clapham, Tottenham, Thamesmead, Rotherhithe, Ealing, Harrow, Wembley etc etc etc etc ? Eh? Which one - they're all different. Cretin.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    So what do you love about london? There`s tooooooo many people, likewise for cars, a lot of people look dirty and scruffy, the place is dirty. You ride the tube and there is scientific evidence to claim the average seat has every possibly bodily fluid on it, so you end up sitting where someone has sp***ed up, pi&&ed themselves or had the squirts. You go somewhere and everyone else seems to be there. Sure there`s much to do but it`s a place full of sheep who have flocked there. I mean the quality of life is relatively poor. Rats, polution, gordon brown. What about crime.
    Good place to live if this super duper killer virus ever appears.....and you`re suicidal
    we diddn't ask for a profile of all of UK

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Gordon Brown is only prime minister of London? Well, that's ok then, at least he hasn't flipped up the rest of the country. Oh wait...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X