• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Film reccomendations..."

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Dorian Grey gets poor reviews.

District 9 - well, it was OK, but not brilliant

Hurt Locker - not seen but hear highly recommended

Inglorious - ditto

Adventureland - I loved it! Great movie! My GF was less enthusiastic but also enjoyed it.

Check out imdb.com

If you're in London, why not see if "Moon" is still showing somewhere - then let me know how it was! I thought it sounded pretty good.

EDIT: Moon is still showing

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Do you like films about gladiators?

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    To escape my awful overpriced 'hotel' I'm considering a trip to the cinema this evening.

Any recommendations?
    (I'm not interested in anything with the words 'heart-warming' or 'Jenifer Aniston' on the poster)
    Not (500) Days of Summer.

Went with a female friend (not that way) on Saturday evening and it was a suitably depressing experience.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    "Shaving Ryan's Privates" and "Glad He Ate Her" are on at the Seedy Odean in Wandsworth.
    But you missed those and went to see "Adventures of tub girl 3" instead

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    "Shaving Ryan's Privates" and "Glad He Ate Her" are on at the Seedy Odean in Wandsworth.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Saw District 9 last week. Disintegrates a bit towards the end, but it's brilliantly made and works at several levels. Way better than most recent Sci-Fi stuff.

Leave a comment:

• slickcontractor
    replied
    i have watched these and can recommend them

The Hurt Locker
    Dorian Gray
    whiteout

Leave a comment:

• sal626
    replied
    Inglorious Basterds is quite good.
    Heard District 9 is pretty good as well….

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    started a topic Film reccomendations...

Film reccomendations...

To escape my awful overpriced 'hotel' I'm considering a trip to the cinema this evening.

Any recommendations?
    (I'm not interested in anything with the words 'heart-warming' or 'Jenifer Aniston' on the poster)

Working...
X