• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "losing the will to live"

Collapse

• Pogle
    replied
    All together now girls...

I met him at the candy store.....

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    was that supposed to be a reference to "leader of the pack"? That was the Shangri-La's. I think you're mixing up "Do you wanna be in my gang?".
    oops - you are spot on. I was typing quickly cos I was bustin for a gypsies, I'll take more care next time

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Gary Glitter? GARY GLITTER?

was that supposed to be a reference to "leader of the pack"? That was the Shangri-La's. I think you're mixing up "Do you wanna be in my gang?".

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    I know he's been a naught boy but that is no excuse to kill Gary Glitter

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And judging by the correspondence in the SWEP etc. a lot of people weren't pleased either.

They were the pets of someone who'd pegged it & they all had some skin condtion that made the bolt gun more humane than the injection.

According to the protectors of all that's furry & feathery, the RSPCA.

Who did the deed.
    Dogs are a real problem in Western Australia. In Perth they were advertising for a marksman to go out and cull the leaders of the packs

last I heard, they couldnt get anyone

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    my experiments in the early seventies were inconclusive, nine attempts-
    two smacks in the gob
    barred from four pubs
    one attempted knee to the gulag archipelagos
    one sloppy two hour kiss
    one marriage

So not a complete failure then

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Nah, she hates cider and I've already established that Baileys and Cointreau does the job nicely with her

Besides it would'nt be a properly controlled experiment since the subject would be biased towards the experimenter and potentially produce a false positive outcome.
    my experiments in the early seventies were inconclusive, nine attempts-
    two smacks in the gob
    barred from four pubs
    one attempted knee to the gulag archipelagos
    one sloppy two hour kiss
    one marriage

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Try it on MrsB and let us know how it goes.
    Nah, she hates cider and I've already established that Baileys and Cointreau does the job nicely with her

Besides it would'nt be a properly controlled experiment since the subject would be biased towards the experimenter and potentially produce a false positive outcome.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Sadly I'm stuck oop north atm. And MrsB may object slightly to me taking off to London in order to conduct the experiment
    Try it on MrsB and let us know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Yawn. Ship and Shovell etc etc
    Sadly I'm stuck oop north atm. And MrsB may object slightly to me taking off to London in order to conduct the experiment

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Only one way to find out. Fancy a drink?
    Yawn. Ship and Shovell etc etc

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Does it still work?
    Only one way to find out. Fancy a drink?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Sorry, afraid I won't be joining you. Got to go up to Scotland.
    That's a shame. We'll catch you next time

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    thats cherryB and cider (from when I was 17), aka 'a legopener'

Does it still work?

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Weeeeell, I may be drinking Guinness or I maybe going with V&T's, but one thing is certain - under no circumstances will I be drinking cocktails, I need to be able to negotiate tubes and stairs and pavements to get back to my brothers

Pimms belongs to long summer afternoons and cream teas - I'm amazed they havent gone bust yet!
    Sorry, afraid I won't be joining you. Got to go up to Scotland.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X