• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I was poisoned last week"

Collapse

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Many years ago, Halo and I had the dubious pleasure of staying with a cousin of mine, and she was what you might call a "cat lady".

The icing on the cake was the moggie's party trick of being allowed to jump up on the kitchen work surfaces and strut around, whilst depositing little pink worms from its bum on to the place where food was prepared.

I knew then from that day onwards that cats are EVIL.

That was about the same time as our love for take-aways grew....
    Cats are all evil - part of their attraction for me, oh and by the way
    ............... I think I'm gonna puke...

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Many years ago, Halo and I had the dubious pleasure of staying with a cousin of mine, and she was what you might call a "cat lady".

The icing on the cake was the moggie's party trick of being allowed to jump up on the kitchen work surfaces and strut around, whilst depositing little pink worms from its bum on to the place where food was prepared.

I knew then from that day onwards that cats are EVIL.

That was about the same time as our love for take-aways grew....

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    and it can give you a nasty shock - if you're a snail..

which reminds me where's BrianSnail these days? - or is he a retired sockpuppet?
    he seems to have gone back into his shell

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Did you know that just 2gm of copper can give you fatal kidney damage?
    and it can give you a nasty shock - if you're a snail..

which reminds me where's BrianSnail these days? - or is he a retired sockpuppet?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I bought a huge solid copper saucepan at an antique shop in Essex - I reckon the copper must be worth more as scrap than the £20 I paid for the saucepan. But that confirms my intention to get it zinc-plated on the inside before trying to use it.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I was using some rust remover on a bathroom chrome thingy now all the fingers of my right hand are bright leaf green and I can't get it off.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I was using some rust remover on a bathroom chrome thingy now all the fingers of my right hand are bright leaf green and I can't get it off.

PS Assuming you could annoy the latter enough to stop him being jolly which would win? The Incredible Hulk or the Jolly Green Giant?

PPS Cats ALWAYS have bowel problems. Nature evolved this strategy so they could annoy neighbours.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied

The best bit is that she left you written instructions - that is EXACTLY what I would do with Mr P

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Sounds like you had a dirty glass.
    and an out of date packet of pork scratchings

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Sounds like you had a dirty glass.

Leave a comment:

• PorkPie
    replied
    Go on then...blame it on the kitty meds, not the 10 pints

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    oh dear giggle fit at the desk

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    EO you are a wimp

A little bit of kitty laxative and ten pints, and you are dying ...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    One of our cats has a bowel problem and we have to feed her seperately and lace her cat food with lactulose and some other stuff to make her sh 1 t through the eye of a needle.

Well the missus was up in Scotland from wednesday, visiting relatives, so she left me stupid instructions on how to feed the stupid cat. She called these stupid instructions 'an idiots guide to feeding Brewster'.
    Of course nowhere in these stupid instructions did it say anything about not having ten pints before opening the capsules and administering the stuff. Nowhere in these stupid instructions did it mention washing hands afterwards.

Look ladies, if you dont want your husband to spend a whole day sitting on the bog, sh 1 tting for Britain, and blasting himself into a low orbit everytime he tests to see if it is a wet one, please be clearer when writing out your stupid instructions

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    started a topic I was poisoned last week

I was poisoned last week

One of our cats has a bowel problem and we have to feed her seperately and lace her cat food with lactulose and some other stuff to make her sh 1 t through the eye of a needle.

Well the missus was up in Scotland from wednesday, visiting relatives, so she left me stupid instructions on how to feed the stupid cat. She called these stupid instructions 'an idiots guide to feeding Brewster'.
    Of course nowhere in these stupid instructions did it say anything about not having ten pints before opening the capsules and administering the stuff. Nowhere in these stupid instructions did it mention washing hands afterwards.

Look ladies, if you dont want your husband to spend a whole day sitting on the bog, sh 1 tting for Britain, and blasting himself into a low orbit everytime he tests to see if it is a wet one, please be clearer when writing out your stupid instructions

Working...
X