• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "7 metre sea level rise"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Hopefully the rise in the water level will originate in South Devon before getting to London.
    It wouldn't be fair though, Sb has been drowning in his own ineptitude for years already.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Hopefully the rise in the water level will originate in South Devon before getting to London.
    Well as long as it wipes out South Effriker before getting to either it will improve the planet's IQ.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Yes, but most of them can remember how to swim. The majority of native Londoners think it is someone else's job to do that for them.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    38% of the the Irish in England live in London
    Yes, but most of them can remember how to swim. The majority of native Londoners think it is someone else's job to do that for them.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    How could anything that puts London (and millions of the snooty mockney t0ssers that infest the place!) over twenty feet underwater ever be construed as a negative event? Bring it on!!!
    38% of the the Irish in England live in London

Cool

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    How could anything that puts London (and millions of the snooty mockney t0ssers that infest the place!) over twenty feet underwater ever be construed as a negative event? Bring it on!!!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    It might add an element of entertainment to the London Log Flume ride though. Which is something it doesn't have at the moment.
    Fixed

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
    I am not sure how seriously I can take this piece of analysis.

The last time I walked past it, St Pauls Cathedral was on the top of a hill.
    It might add an element of entertainment to the London Eye ride though. Which is something it doesn't have at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post

http://flood.firetree.net/ According to this interactive flood map it would take a bit more than 1 metre to flood all those places.

It would take over 14 metres to reach my house though by that time I would be on an island 3 miles out to sea.

Leave a comment:

• sweetandsour
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post

including the 2012 Olympic Park.
    At least running the major events underwater would liven it up.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Ah! so a 7m rise is not necessarily a bad thing then?

Most of London gone

including the 2012 Olympic Park.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    Ah! so a 7m rise is not necessarily a bad thing then?

Most of London gone

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    And this is just a 1m rise - http://www.sunbirdmanagement.co.uk/G...onFloodMap.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Er! one of my houses is only 5m above sea level (MHWS).

Anybody want to buy a house

Leave a comment:

Working...
X