• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Italics

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Italics"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Unfortunately the art of letter writing has been lost. I used to enjoy sitting down and composing a letter properly. I got an italic pen in the summer sales but haven't really mastered the thing yet.
    The trick is, dont try to write. Try drawing square boxes that look like letters then put little tails on them, as required

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    I enjoy fiddling with my Mont Blanc during meetings....
    Wash your mouth out!!!!

and your hands

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I have a good selection of Biro's

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    I enjoy fiddling with my Mont Blanc during meetings....

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    I have to admit that having secretly coveted a decent fountain pen for years I recently got one & I love it, a black & silver waterman loaded with purple ink.

As it takes more concentration to write with it I think you tend to slow down and be more aware of what you are writing - my meeting notes have become a lot more concise.
    Unfortunately the art of letter writing has been lost. I used to enjoy sitting down and composing a letter properly. I got an italic pen in the summer sales but haven't really mastered the thing yet.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    cider & black :blimey that brings back some memories

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    <Goth stereotyping>

Surely the purple ink is so that if it leaks it just looks like you've split your cider and black.

</Goth stereotyping>

Leave a comment:

• George Parr
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I dont think I got much out of my schooling, but one thing I do treasure is that I was taught how to write with an Italic fountain pen.
    Hmm - an Italic fountain pen. I've never heard of that make.

(Only joking, before someone comments)

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Second only to green on the fruit loop scale!
    Oh indeed purple is the colour of choice, professional appearance with a fountain pen individualism on the ink.

Lewis Carroll wrote Alice in purple ink: creativity at its best

As for fruit loop – I have never claimed to be normal (I mean I married BGG)

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    purple ink?
    Second only to green on the fruit loop scale!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    ...a black & silver waterman loaded with purple ink...
    purple ink?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    I have to admit that having secretly coveted a decent fountain pen for years I recently got one & I love it, a black & silver waterman loaded with purple ink.

As it takes more concentration to write with it I think you tend to slow down and be more aware of what you are writing - my meeting notes have become a lot more concise.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    you can sign with it - maximum respect.
    I can never get it to do curly stuff, just angular Italic-stuff

I would tear the paper if I tried to sign

My signature is very girly so it's not too much of a problem more curly than angular!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Same here - I always used one at school/college - it's in my desk drawer now and I use it for signing.... most people think it's bonkers but I like it!
    you can sign with it - maximum respect.
    I can never get it to do curly stuff, just angular Italic-stuff

I would tear the paper if I tried to sign

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I dont think I got much out of my schooling, but one thing I do treasure is that I was taught how to write with an Italic fountain pen.
    I still use it for special occasions like responding to wedding invites, parties, I used it to write my will.
    It sort of adds a bit of gravitas or dignity to things

Same here - I always used one at school/college - it's in my desk drawer now and I use it for signing.... most people think it's bonkers but I like it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X