• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Film Review (Partial)"

Collapse

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And a complete contrast to the personally totally inexperienced A. Bliar Esq. who seemed to have a hardon for starting wars & sending (other) people into battle.
    The man's a total and complete ****. Much as I'd love to see him at The Hague, I severely doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Tensai View Post
    I read once that the quickest way to end war is to legally compel any legislator who votes in favour of war, to automatically send one of their offspring to the combat zone.
    Would love to see that - it'd be the shortest war in history, and would give added impetus to diplomacy.

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And a complete contrast to the personally totally inexperienced A. Bliar Esq. who seemed to have a hardon for starting wars & sending (other) people into battle.
    I read once that the quickest way to end war is to legally compel any legislator who votes in favour of war, to automatically send one of their offspring to the combat zone.
    Last edited by Tensai; 30 August 2009, 13:33. Reason: Carnt spel

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    You and I both, I'm afraid
    Past is past. You have to make mistakes to learn and progress to become a better person? Remember but don't beat yourself up.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I don't think Parliament did that one but I'll check the Bootsie Collins back catalogue too.

I agree with the statement but probably must confess some guilt and say I haven't always behaved according to it.
    You and I both, I'm afraid

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Can those of us who you don't care about start a guessing game?
    Any soldier worth his salt should be anti-war.

H N Schwarzkopf, b. 1934.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Or, as Einstein said (Mein Weltbild (1931)):

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilisation should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.
    I don't think Parliament did that one but I'll check the Bootsie Collins back catalogue too.

I agree with the statement but probably must confess some guilt and say I haven't always behaved according to it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I went to see "The Hurt Locker" this evening and have just arrived home; I didn't get to the end for reasons that those of you I care enough about to have told, will know.
    Can those of us who you don't care about start a guessing game?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilisation should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah.

But sometimes, you've just got to give the frakers a good smacking.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Woah, whoa whoa woah. Good God

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    As for your sig ... say it again!
    Woah, whoa whoa woah. Good God

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Better
    As for your sig ... say it again!