• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Chav cars

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Chav cars"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Probably the most non-chav car ever.
    You'd be surprised. I say a Toyota Yaris with a body kit yesterday, and either a massive exhaust or they'd pulled the pipe off to get more noise.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Ah you're back. Signing on day today?
    Yes, it's bloody embarrasing having to beg for the rent money.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I think it's funny that a guy who can't afford a decent car and drives a girls shopping car would have any sort of opinion on the subject.

Ah you're back. Signing on day today?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I think it's funny that a guy who can't afford a decent car and drives a girls shopping car would have any sort of opinion on the subject.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    All BMWs except the Dixie. Those daft crew cab tax dodge pick ups. Almost all Jap grey imports eg Mazda Friendee Bongo

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Range Rover doesn't scream chav to me.
    BMW - only the 3 series really

What about Rover, Mitsubishi Evo and any subaru saloon.

PS: now that you have the car, what else do you need to become a fully-fledged chav?
    There is a certain amount of pointers towards our very own Lurch(er) in the Chav traits.

Leave a comment:

• TriggerHippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Puke!
    Taken one step further ....

http://thepirata.com/modified-bmw-645/

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Puke!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Anything with a badly fitted/home made body kit or tail fin. Anything where look, sound and feel is more important than performance.

Leave a comment:

• TriggerHippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    What do you mean by chav?
    http://www.chavworld.co.uk/chav.htm

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Oh, I should have guessed it was just another dig at people who drive german cars.
    Nice.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Oh, I should have guessed it was just another dig at people who drive german cars.
    Wrong. Some German cars are non-chav: Mercs and VW for example.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    You know: tattoo, propensity to resort to violence at the drop of a hat, entitlement ot "Respec", susceptibility to marketing and therefore brands and labels

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    With one exception: When you're driving it.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Aygo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X