• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bullying on this forum"

Collapse

• DS23
    replied
    primeval forest shirley?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Yes...

There is too much bullying on this site and too many sactamonious (sp) up their own asses, posters.

However those of us who have met know that each of us is actually ok, not a bully or a geek or an eyeliner wearing wierdo or a posh shipping forecaster or a hairy trucker among us.

It's when people mouth off and make accusations and assumptions that we have problems

Oh and inappropriate use of smilies does (amongst other things) make me think you are a cretin!
    I blame the newbies. It was much better when we had those coffee-keyboard interface moments and the forum was genuinely laugh-out-loud funny.

of course, it was all fields round here then.......

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    It's called "humility" and being proven wrong, and having the courage and conviction to apologise for being nasty and doubting someone.

Or is this an old-fashioned ideal now ?
    Its definetly old fashioned

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    BPP : Why would any of us apologize?
    It's called "humility" and being proven wrong, and having the courage and conviction to apologise for being nasty and doubting someone.

Or is this an old-fashioned ideal now ?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Yep, I'd like to get to the end of the evening still wearing some too!
    I'll just have to buy one-off New Look specials...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

I'd like to spend the evening not carrying someone elses...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Looking forward to Xmas!

I have promised not to get so.. errr.. excited this time, however and stay a bit more sober

...and end the evening still owning shoes.... (never did remember where I left them)

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Christmas I guess

I think the late summer do idea died a bit of a death!
    Looking forward to Xmas!

I have promised not to get so.. errr.. excited this time, however and stay a bit more sober

...and end the evening still owning shoes.... (never did remember where I left them)

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    That confused me too - I'm pretty sure I count as a geek, and I can do the Shipping Forecast damn well if I have to
    I just meant that we might have been all of those things but it didn't matter cos we all got on and didn't stereotype each other... hmmmnn maybe I wasn't makng sense?

Well in CM world - it was all perfectly sensible!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I do hope Xen didnt leave because of the piss taking. In his case it was fairly gentle.
    I like Xen. I hold him in high regard.
    He cant expect people not to react to someone saying they wear eyeliner, womens clothes (occasionaly) and shave their balls when they go on a date.

That post with Xeno was hilarious. Considering he posted for quite a while after that and we met at two Contractor do's subsequent to the piss-take I don't think it wound him up.

I think he's just busy.
    Last edited by Churchill; 21 August 2009, 07:11.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I hope not. I really miss Xeno.
    As do we all Zip...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    CM - Is this a reference to Xeno?
    If so, is that why he no longer posts on here? What gives?
    No - he was a confident man-liner wearer - I believe he has a real life now...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Why would any of us apologize?
    WHS+1

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I have the opposite problem. People get upset when I am too friendly towards them.

But it always makes me laugh!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Actually, I do to and have said as much before.

It'd be priceless if he attended one of the legendary CUK Xmas Meets, and as we all stood there, noticed a chauffeur driven Bugatti Veyron pull up, Alex steps out, and a few members who've always put him down have to go over and apologise.
    Why would any of us apologize?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X