• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agent - Employer relationship question."

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieNambulous View Post
    The average agent has the morals of a moral-less flea attached to the back of a moral-less sewer rat that is humping a moral-less hippo.
    Inclined to agree. You think you're doing the right thing, but the agent will just think "haha! he gave me free money! What a stupid Knud!" and never respect you again.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    It seems we finally have proof that SAS is a HR minion!

NEWS of THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Since this is a permie role wouldn't this all be handled by some HR minion once you'd picked your choice of office eye candy?
    It seems we finally have proof that SAS is a HR minion!

NEWS of THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• EddieNambulous
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Morally I guess I have to.
    'Tis a slippery slope if you start getting moralistic about these issues. Where do you draw the line? Are you actively protesting about the sham invasion of Iraq?

The average agent has the morals of a moral-less flea attached to the back of a moral-less sewer rat that is humping a moral-less hippo.

As someone else mentioned, if you feel bad about it and really think the money should go somewhere, please give it to some charity or some homeless person

....not to "people" (deliberate quotes) that would sell your granny down the river if they could only work out which address to send the men in black.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Is this "bring your spaz brain to CUK with you" today or something??

Do you have a contract with the agency for supplying CVs?

If so, then it'll be in there.
    If not, then you're free to do what you like.

Surely this isn't difficult??

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Expand?

Morally I guess I have to. And practically if they find out they could probably sue me.

As they used to say in Sevilla

'Honour and Money do not belong in the same purse.'

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Expand?

Morally I guess I have to. And practically if they find out they could probably sue me.
    the agency didnt deliver. They provided a wavering , hormonal imbal, that changes her mind at the drop of a hat.
    The agent has moved on to a new job. The agency has gone bust.
    If you feel guilty, put some money into the charity box and move on.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Since this is a permie role wouldn't this all be handled by some HR minion once you'd picked your choice of office eye candy?
    I believe this process is referred to as selection by erection.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Easy.

You tell the silly bitch to sort herself out and clear off.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Just feed the agency a fake job. Et Voila, T&Cs in your inbox in a jiffy.
    nah wouldn't do that. I do have some morals.
    May pay them anyway, no skin off my back, and everyone needs to live.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Hmmm I guess I need to somehow get the contract from a year ago ...
    Just feed the agency a fake job. Et voila, T&Cs in your inbox in a jiffy.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    That happened to me once. Actually they decided they did not want me then realised they had made a mistake. Agent never got a thing and the gap was 6 months, the agent found out later and never did a thing about it.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Hmmm I guess I need to somehow get the contract from a year ago ...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Morally, maybe. But WGAS about morals these days?

Legally, what do your engagement terms with the agency say? I doubt very much they have any hold over you a year after the fact...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X