• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Objects used for unintened purposes"

Collapse

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I use cotton buds to clean my camera's internals
    I use cotton buds to clean my nostrils

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    CyberCretins Curtains.

Nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I use my sd card to store photos from my computer, instead of using it in the camera to take pictures
    Mine is in my DAB radio for recording radio programmes.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    [LIST][*]Toothpicks - apparently these are called "cocktail sticks" by posh people
    I am a 100% certified public school land owning tweed wearing toff, and I shall hereby testify that in our family, toothpicks are called 'toothpicks'. ´Cocktail sticks´ sounds rather nouveau.

By the way, the word 'toilet' is not used; loo, bog, khazi, throne and even the antipodean 'dunny' are all acceptable, but not toilet, and certainly not WC, lavatory or 'restroom'.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I use my sd card to store photos from my computer, instead of using it in the camera to take pictures

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Yes! I never understood why they come in that strange, bent shape so that you have to straighten them out before they're any use.
    Yep, same goes for "coat hangers".

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    receipts also double up as tooth pics but be careful not to paper cut your gum

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I have this old sock at home....

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    • Paper clips - handy bits of metal to have around when they are not being used to group together sheets of paper that come into close proximity, e.g. to get into small crevices like drive bay openers and to reset electronic things
    Yes! I never understood why they come in that strange, bent shape so that you have to straighten them out before they're any use.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    • Toothpicks - apparently these are called "cocktail sticks" by posh people
    • Paper clips - handy bits of metal to have around when they are not being used to group together sheets of paper that come into close proximity, e.g. to get into small crevices like drive bay openers and to reset electronic things
    • Ear cleaners - aka cotton buds. I'm not entirely sure what their intended purpose is, except that it's definitely not recommended to be ear related

Any more?
    I use cotton buds to clean my camera's internals

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    started a topic Objects used for unintened purposes

Objects used for unintened purposes

• Toothpicks - apparently these are called "cocktail sticks" by posh people
    • Ear cleaners - aka cotton buds. I'm not entirely sure what their intended purpose is, except that it's definitely not recommended to be ear related

Any more?

Working...
X