• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Investment idea

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Investment idea"

Collapse

• TriggerHippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I intend to die of something interesting
    Me too ... old age, preferably

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
    Third pickle jar on the left .... the one marked A.B. Normal ??
    No point in feeding the med students anything normal is there? Sheesh

I intend to die of something interesting

Leave a comment:

• TriggerHippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Leave your body to medical science. That's my plan anyway
    Third pickle jar on the left .... the one marked A.B. Normal ??

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Leave your body to medical science. That's my plan anyway

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    It's possible to pre-book and set up a fund into which a small amount is paid on an ongoing basis. Do it folks, I've done it and I'd hate to be the only <40 bloke who's done so.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Weigh the bodies down and drop them of ferries.

Leave a comment:

• TriggerHippy
    replied
    Coming soon to a supermarket near you .... delicious, nutritious Soylent Green wafers .... and they're good for the environment too ... get them while they're hot.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    What happens if you refuse to pay - does it mean that you have to carry on living?

I don't care what they do to my body after I am dead, but the dying bit I'd like to be just like this.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    The average cost of a funeral has increased from £1,965 to £2,573 during the past five years, mainly because of rises in cremation fees and the cost of burial plots, as well as higher fees for officials such as doctors and ministers

What a rip-off. If you are going to shuffle ones mortal coil - get three quotes first.
    Die sooner rather than later. It's much cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    They are horribly expensive.

I
    The average cost of a funeral has increased from £1,965 to £2,573 during the past five years, mainly because of rises in cremation fees and the cost of burial plots, as well as higher fees for officials such as doctors and ministers

What a rip-off. If you are going to shuffle ones mortal coil - get three quotes first.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

I can't understand why we don't have drive through funerals. Deposit your loved one through a hatch, park for 3 minutes in a tasteful little layby with flowers and canned music and then drive through to the other side to collect the urn. The whole thing could be automatic and coin operated.
    credit/debit card

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

I can't understand why we don't have drive through funerals. Deposit your loved one through a hatch, park for 3 minutes in a tasteful little layby with flowers and canned music and then drive through to the other side to collect the urn. The whole thing could be automatic and coin operated.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Investment idea

Investment idea

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...-in-banks.html

Quick! Book your funeral whilst it's cheap!

Boomed when you're Doomed!

Working...
X