• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tune in this Friday"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
    This time of year I'd have at least a couple of golden ales; a bit lighter.
    Good idea!

On snacks, I find Cheese Moments go well with ale. They're a bit overpowering for lager.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Why not go to the Ascot beer fest, try masses of beers and watch some racing !!!!

http://www.pumpkintours.co.uk/tours/...-festival.html

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    You choose beers from small local breweries. That keeps the "beer miles" down in accordance with CAMRA's current "support your local brewery to save the planet" campaign.
    Fortunately the Purity Brewing Company is very, very local to me. Which reminds me, I must pay them another visit and "save the planet" a little more.

Leave a comment:

• TinTrump
    replied
    I've just sent a mail to a friend reminiscing about my local. So I won't recommend anything, I'll just get as much vicarious enjoyment as I can from what you drink. But do mention what snacks you have too; I miss Black Country port scratchings with a pint of Tribute or Abbott. This time of year I'd have at least a couple of golden ales; a bit lighter.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    You could choose beers from small local breweries. That keeps the "beer miles" down in accordance with CAMRA's current "support your local brewery to save the planet" campaign.
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 18 August 2009, 08:41. Reason: Yousef Inglish told me to

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Houston Brewing Company's Killellan and Peter's Well don't go further south than Newcastle unfortunately, you're missing out on great beers.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    A bit of Hook Norton?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    To my real ale reviews in the Currently Drinking thread.

I am open to suggestions as to which ones I should review. I can review around 7 in a session, so get in early to avoid disappointment.
    No takers? Not even a sockie?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic Tune in this Friday

Tune in this Friday

To my real ale reviews in the Currently Drinking thread.

I am open to suggestions as to which ones I should review. I can review around 7 in a session, so get in early to avoid disappointment.

Working...
X