• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Crooked Vultures"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Thanks for posting that... it will be tonights listening
    Oh dear...

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    I listened to a recording of a concert and I have to admit it isn't brilliant. Like QOTSA but not as good. Will wait for the album to arrive next week before I make a final assessment. Still going to see them come what may next month.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    The full album is streaming on YouTube now, if anyone fancies a listen. It's not earth-shattering, but it's pretty good.
    Thanks for posting that... it will be tonights listening

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    The full album is streaming on YouTube now, if anyone fancies a listen. It's not earth-shattering, but it's pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• Lithium
    replied
    Think the post should read "Them Crooked Vultures", but anyway they were bearable at Reading nothing to get carried away with! Though any band with Grohl in will never get my vote, guess I'm just a true Nirvana fan!!!

I personally think the only good thing to come post Kurt nirvana, was the Eyes Adrift CD, though it flopped bit time! Which is bollocks cos it was a great album!

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    KOL?.... I really wanted to see them but missed out. Gutted!
    They were the support band for The Music. Now no one's heard of The Music and KOL are superstars. Cruel fate.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    I'm going to Blackpool, and that venue is fast becoming a favourite. Saw Radiohead there, and also The Music/Kings Of Leon. Nice sprung floor, seeing as it's a ballroom.
    KOL?.... I really wanted to see them but missed out. Gutted!

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    I'm going to Blackpool, and that venue is fast becoming a favourite. Saw Radiohead there, and also The Music/Kings Of Leon. Nice sprung floor, seeing as it's a ballroom.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    Yes, Portsmouth it is.

Nearly thought I had missed out. I got though within a minute but my request met with a server error then a rejection. Bloody software! Took 55 minutes to get in again. Luckily a friend had succeed and got two tickets.

I did wonder if they had another venue or night lined up.
    They are playing Blackpool too - Empress Ballrooms which is a venue I really like

However - That weekend, I'm out Friday, Saturday and Monday - It's always mental at that time of year... but they still have tickets on Ebay.... hmmmnnn decisons decisions...
    Last edited by cailin maith; 4 September 2009, 13:46.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Yes, Portsmouth it is.

Nearly thought I had missed out. I got though within a minute but my request met with a server error then a rejection. Bloody software! Took 55 minutes to get in again. Luckily a friend had succeed and got two tickets.

I did wonder if they had another venue or night lined up.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Did you get a TCV ticket in the end, OH?

EDIT: Just saw your post on other thread, d'oh.

I heard they announced another London show, on Friday 18 December, and it sold out in 5 minutes.

Mind you, fast sell outs are hardly big news these days.

Looking forward to the show though.

Excerpt from Daffodils here
    Last edited by dang65; 4 September 2009, 12:44.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Not been able to see them (QOTSA) and probably never will now.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    I saw them (QOTSA) at a festival once and the bassist (?) played the entire set bollock naked. I'd never even heard of them at the time. Red Hot Chili Peppers were further up the bill but fortunately they kept their kit on for once.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Hmmmmmnnnnn - maybe.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    I have heard rumours at it will be next month. Presumably just in advance of the concerts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X