• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How long do we have left?"

Collapse

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    HAB - whatever you - dont read the above link about the Nano-Bees - otherwise you'll never get a wink of sleep tonight ... by the way thats Bees as in the Birds and the Bees - not Betlegeuse.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Found em'

They've been there all along... only smaller.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Still no sunspots - sumfink is up, I'm telling ya.
    The sun has gone out. That's what it is. For years now, the SNUs count have been lower than expected - indicating that the fusion processes in the sun are no longer occuring.*

What's SNUs, I hear you say?

What's SNUs with you, I reply.

*SNU = Solar Neutrino Unit, is a measure of the number of neutrinos produced by the sun. While it's true that it's lower than earlier theories suggested, the effect has now be explained. The sun continues to burn.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    IT'S TRUE - THERE IS!

2009 OC

Closest approach tonight!
    Did the world end?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    IT'S TRUE - THERE IS!

2009 OC

OK well I'm not doing doing the washing up then - on the off chance there's no need.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Theres no immediate danger of reversal polarity - so rest easy .

The precursor for this would be the absence of SunSpots - in other words a collapse of the Suns own magnetosphere and that happens once in Billion years at a conservative estimate.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Grinder View Post
    Whatever happened to the impending doom of the magnetic polarity reversal?
    Theres no immediate danger of reversal polarity - so rest easy .

The precursor for this would be the absence of SunSpots - in other words a collapse of the Suns own magnetosphere and that happens once in Billion years at a conservative estimate.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 August 2009, 21:33.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Has it passed uranus yet?

It did pass within the rings of Uranus - but the Gamma Rays are now accelerating rapidly to reach their climax.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 August 2009, 21:19.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    IT'S TRUE - THERE IS!

2009 OC

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied
    Whatever happened to the impending doom of the magnetic polarity reversal?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Global Warming bollox hopefully will disappear in a few years time after so many other alarmist nonsense.

China has enough coal reserves for about 200 years anyhow...

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Oddly enough, in my afternoon nap just now I had a vivid dream that a large asteroid was heading our way.
    Has it passed uranus yet?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Unfortunately I then woke up before having a chance to tell the President's emergency committee. So God knows what happened next.
    Did you get a chance to check out the Bee's before you woke up?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    We'll all have starved to death long before being boiled alive.
    Yup, from today's BBC site Sugar price reaches a thirty year high

and we don't hear much about food mountains these days ...

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Oddly enough, in my afternoon nap just now I had a vivid dream that a large asteroid was heading our way.

However, on opening my aunt's dustbin to investigate a rattling noise, a strange-looking cat jumped out and straight into my arms and thanked me profusely.

Thinking a talking cat might be an alien, who would know how to deal with something like this, I asked if she was aware of the asteroid and if so was there any way for humanity to avert disaster. Her reply was that yes indeed, they had known about it for a while and the only way to stop it in time was to barge another asteroid into its path and break it in bits.

If it were only one asteriod it would be possible to guide a satellite into its path eg Rosetta - however it cannot cope with many asteroids which would be the case.

Unfortunately I then woke up before having a chance to tell the President's emergency committee. So God knows what happened next.

HAB - please dont read this post - thanks.

The Cat (which is symbolc of intution and wisdom) was correct - yet there is not one asteroid but a veritable armada of them which is the cosmic debris of the SuperNova from Beltegeuse - last week we saw two of these 'Betel-Junk ' debris slamming into Jupiter and Venus - we just have to pray that most of the debris is absorbed by the Jupiter Saturn Uranus Netpune Titan etc and spares the Earth - altough the Gamma Pulse ray could literally turn the Earth into - nothingness.

Curiously enough a few years back I had a dream whilst abroad that I met our house cat - and to my utter astonishment - it could talk.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 August 2009, 15:19.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X