• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Swineflu deaths... censorship"

Collapse

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    That's your medically qualified opinion?
    No... I refer you to this link. There is some immunity generated from 1968.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influen...s_subtype_H3N2

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Of swine flu?
    Hong Kong Flu pandemic which experts say gives some immunity from the current virus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influen...s_subtype_H3N2

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I believe that I did, but because of these antibodies I only had a mild version for 10 days. A friend who is 41 had it very badly, and my theory is because he was not born until after the 1968 epidemic.
    That's your medically qualified opinion?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    It doesn't worry me at all, since I have antibodies from the 1968 epidemic.
    This garden path you've led us up. Just how long was it?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    You were claiming to have it 2 weeks ago. I do believe you're full of tulip.

I believe that I did, but because of these antibodies I only had a mild version for 10 days. A friend who is 41 had it very badly, and my theory is because he was not born until after the 1968 epidemic.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It all seems hush-hush at the moment. Anybody have a link with up to date figures or am I right in thinking that it is now world policy to keep figures under wraps to avoid panic ?
    This link still works, as it has for several weeks. Tends to be a couple of days delayed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8083179.stm

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Of swine flu?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    You were claiming to have it 2 weeks ago. I do believe you're full of tulip.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    If it worries you that much, go and live on a deserted island. Preferably one without an internet connection.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    If it worries you that much, go and live on a deserted island. Preferably one without an internet connection.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Escalation in Durham !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/8183258.stm

Leave a comment:

• chetty
    replied
    Well believe it or not, when I was growing up in India there was a local epidemic of bubonic plague from the rat population. It was very frightening I can tell you.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    ... because Brazil is a good barometer due to it being winter there at present and it does not have a fantastic health service. My prediction was that deaths would reach 75 by this week but I have been unable to verify, I believe due to total stupidity and morbid panic mongering on my part.
    Sorted out a couple of typos for you

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    All this death and suffering, I bet your curtains are crusted over by now.

You seem to have a fixation with curtains, young man. You need to pull yourself together and get out more. You indeed remind me of the irish guy that fell out of his window while ironing his curtains.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    This looks suspiciously like swineflu in China but covered up under another name....

http://bx.businessweek.com/swine-flu...rl.nl%2Fq2myvr

Hmmm lets see.

Plague or flu, flu or plague.

You know I think its plague

Leave a comment:

Working...
X