• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tuesday Quiz - who is this?"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Was it Private Schultz ?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    was it the Battle of the Caudine Forks?

edit: Oh FFS, I didn't notice this thread was now eight pages, the answer was known, and that everyone had gone home

Not the battle of the Caudine Forks, battle for Broken Knife nor the chutney spoon

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    not agincourt

clue

This leader had just over 300 elite warriors under his command, although there were other friendly soldiers nearby

was it the Battle of the Caudine Forks?

edit: Oh FFS, I didn't notice this thread was now eight pages, the answer was known, and that everyone had gone home

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Barvaria was a slight rouge poisson too!!
    a carp de la crimson

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post

I thought that was a good one too, well done chaps.

In hindsight I should have said Germany, not Bavaria, shouldn't I
    Barvaria was a slight rouge poisson too!!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Johann Adam Weishaupt
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Adam Weishaupt?

I thought that was a good one too, well done chaps.

In hindsight I should have said Germany, not Bavaria, shouldn't I
    Last edited by DaveB; 4 August 2009, 13:38.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    He later benefitted from the actions of Pope Clement XIV, which enabled him to obtain a hitherto unavailable position.
    Adam Weishaupt?
    Last edited by realityhack; 4 August 2009, 13:35. Reason: Rats

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Johann Adam Weishaupt

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Born in Barvaria the mid 18th century, he lost his father at a young age. He was taken in by his godfather and under his direction he recieved a Jesuit education. He enrolled in the same university as his father and godfather, eventually graduating as a doctor of law, before marrying the following year.
    He later benefitted from the actions of Pope Clement XIV, which enabled him to obtain a hitherto unavailable position.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    The Relief of Mafeking.

Yup. A bit easy that one. Well done though.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    What event sparked firework displays and general merriment at Twickenham a full day before the rest of the country rejoiced?
    The Relief of Mafeking.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Born in Barvaria the mid 18th century, he lost his father at a young age. He was taken in by his godfather and under his direction he recieved a Jesuit education. He enrolled in the same university as his father and godfather, eventually graduating as a doctor of law, before marrying the following year.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    What event sparked firework displays and general merriment at Twickenham a full day before the rest of the country rejoiced?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    The War of Jenkins Ear.
    Ear Ear!!!

Leave a comment:

• Toastiness
    replied
    The War of Jenkins Ear.
    Correct !