• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would Gordon Brown get a lucrative post-PM job?"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    One key difference being that when caught out, members of that government actually resigned, and in some cases went to jail.
    Meantime Major was shagging Edwina Currie and lecturing us about back to basics - but that was fine because he didn't get caught.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Major ruled over a Tory government riddled with dishonesty.
    One key difference being that when caught out, members of that government actually resigned, and in some cases went to jail.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have always wondered why any company wants these ex-pms. Once they are no longer in the job they are no longer useful.

Maybe its payoff for favours while in office.
    They will have built up contacts and bring "knowledge of the lobbying and procurement processes".

I meant "knowledge of government".

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    That doesn't make him dishonest though does it !!!! I despair at some of the people on these boards who are so blinded by hatred that they cannot spot the good people from the bad.
    Oh and not forgetting how he treated your beloved Maggie !

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, pot.

That doesn't make him dishonest though does it !!!! I despair at some of the people on these boards who are so blinded by hatred that they cannot spot the good people from the bad.
    Yes, it does.

And thank you for pointing out the mote in my eye.

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    That is precisely why I stated 'politically honest', cos I knew some imbecile would mention that. Even the best people have affairs.

selective honesty you mean

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Those offenses look rather minor in comparison to the outrageous behavior of nuLieBore over the years.

A balanced poster at last !!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Major ruled over a Tory government riddled with dishonesty.
    Those offenses look rather minor in comparison to the outrageous behavior of nuLieBore over the years.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I didn't think you liked things that smell of Currie.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by foritisme View Post
    Tell that to his wife !
    That is precisely why I stated 'politically honest', cos I knew some imbecile would mention that. Even the best people have affairs.

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    Tell that to his wife !

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    That wasn't the question.

And it's not true: Major ruled over a Tory government riddled with dishonesty.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    You can't compare Major to these guys. He was an politically honest man, whereas Brown, Blair, Mandelson etc are all proven liars.
    That wasn't the question.

And it's not true: Major ruled over a Tory government riddled with dishonesty.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Oh come on. If John Major can sit on Carlyle Group's board, there's a place in the sun for any ex-PM.

You can't compare Major to these guys. He was an politically honest man, whereas Brown, Blair, Mandelson etc are all proven liars.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by foritisme View Post
    Blair is the antichrist

Peter is the Dark Lord who sits on his right
    So he should have done an hour's artwork stint in Trafalgar Square, at night. Then he would have been The Plinth of Darkness.

Outergarment if you please.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X