• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should I buy a used SL 55 AMG?"

Collapse

• slickcontractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    For a fiver you could get a dictionary containing the words "of" and "off"
    good one

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I'd love one - I was looking at the 55 CL AMG and might get one next year.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    It'll cost you a fortune to run
    He can´t run; he's only got one leg.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    It'll cost you a fortune to run and won't make your penis any larger.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've only got one leg you bastard.
    That's probably a good thing considering the space in your new motor.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    That is one hell of a car for the price, I'd be in there with both feet if I were in the market for that kind of car!
    I've only got one leg you bastard.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by slickcontractor View Post
    yes sorry sl55. I was a bit quick on the trigger . My only cost so far has been the tyres and as off yet i have not experienced any mechanical nasties. I dont do high mileage either but If you can afford it go for it. You only live once. My next stop is the audi R8
    For a fiver you could get a dictionary containing the words "of" and "off"

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied

Please insult me and put me off.
    Very few things would give me greater pleasure, but unfortunately, I'd like one of those watch for rust (seriously) on those.

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    That is one hell of a car for the price, I'd be in there with both feet if I were in the market for that kind of car!

Leave a comment:

• slickcontractor
    replied
    I assume you mean a 55?

Good man!

Any frightening running costs (beyond fuel and tyres) or mechanical nasties to watch out for?

yes sorry sl55. I was a bit quick on the trigger . My only cost so far has been the tyres and as off yet i have not experienced any mechanical nasties. I dont do high mileage either but If you can afford it go for it. You only live once. My next stop is the audi R8

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    I don't think it would suit you to be honest, it would be like wrapping a turd up in a silk napkin and parading it around a room.
    That's a fair point.

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    I can get one for about £30K ish on an 03 or 04 plate.

E.g.

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1148160.htm

Is this madness?

Have always had a soft spot for one since Clarkson drove one round the track and I heard that fantastic 5.5 litre supercharged V8. 500bhp luxury for £30K.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25xIK...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkEG0W1Kgxw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ-MP...eature=related

Please insult me and put me off.
    I don't think it would suit you to be honest, it would be like wrapping a turd up in a silk napkin and parading it around a room.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    30k? Just get 3 of these instead and you wont have to worry about driving

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by slickcontractor View Post
    i have one and it is one hell off a car. I got a good deal last yr for an 04 plate for 27k and 22000 miles on the clock from some rich folks that never drove it and wanted a quick sale. Still spanking new and one hell off a car.
    I assume you mean a 55?

Good man!

Any frightening running costs (beyond fuel and tyres) or mechanical nasties to watch out for?

Leave a comment:

• slickcontractor
    replied
    Thought about it, even thought about the even weedier SL 350, but it's got to be the SL 55 I'm afraid. Okay it's about £10K more expensive, but 500bhp and the sound!

SL 500 is too soft. I'm not that old yet.
    i have one and it is one hell off a car. I got a good deal last yr for an 04 plate for 27k and 22000 miles on the clock from some rich folks that never drove it and wanted a quick sale. Still spanking new and one hell off a car.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X