• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "boring task for the morning - order a new remote control"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Surely the contractor thing to do is just by em a whole new player?
    have the Philippino maid change the channels?

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    I still didn't get round to it yet - and all those posts!

Originally posted by msubhan View Post
    you could write a project plan for the procurement of a remote control instead
    No thanks, I get paid by the hour so doing a plan for the next phase is more rewarding

Originally posted by chef View Post
    wow - just don't mistake it for the blackberry and leave home with the wrong one!

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Buying new remotes is for wimps... us engineers make our own.

Like the one for the sky box I made out of an infra red led, a 470 ohm resistor and a Compaq Portable III.

Works a treat.
    Maybe you can repair mine?

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    PS3 and PlayTV should put a smile on their faces.
    PlayTV - I had to look that one up - we are a Wii household (downstairs at least).

Unfortunately I am a not so well paid contractor of just 12 month's standing with some part-time working and no war chest with a high spending family and school fees to pay - so such luxuries are not possible a replacement remote control is it - I just need to increase my offer on one on ebay to get it.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    PS3 and PlayTV should put a smile on their faces.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    tell him to get one of those touch pad flat panel remotes that combines all the remotes into 1 more complicated remote.. job done, 1 remote and as remote commando he'll be the only one who understands how to work them

tell him to go here and fill in the questionnaire to find your ultimate remote
    1 remote to rule them all...

Logitech Harmony is the way forward.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    the Marantz RC9500

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    OH God dont talk to me about bloody remote controls MR P has 7 - SEVEN of the flipkers. All for various bits of audio visual entertainment - oh and one for the lights. It drives me potty. I wouldnt mind but the TV only gets switched on at the weekend! I dont see the point of HD + bluRay stuff. I suspect its a bloke thing.

- as you were, rant over.
    tell him to get one of those touch pad flat panel remotes that combines all the remotes into 1 more complicated remote.. job done, 1 remote and as remote commando he'll be the only one who understands how to work them

tell him to go here and fill in the questionnaire to find your ultimate remote
    Last edited by chef; 28 July 2009, 07:42.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Get a All 4 One.

HTH

Wilmsloooooooooooooow..........
    You been watching Dogtanian and the Muskehounds again?

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Willllmslooooow !

<canned laughter>
    Get a All 4 One.

HTH

Wilmsloooooooooooooow..........

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    OH God dont talk to me about bloody remote controls MR P has 7 - SEVEN of the feckkers. All for various bits of audio visual entertainment - oh and one for the lights. It drives me potty. I wouldnt mind but the TV only gets switched on at the weekend! I dont see the point of HD + bluRay stuff. I suspect its a bloke thing.

- as you were, rant over.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Oh what fun to look forward to in the morning - the kid's DVD player remote packed in and I have to order a replacement.

I would much rather be doing a MS Project Plan for the next phase of the current Project.
    I had a b&w tv from the 60’s (in the 80’s) with a dial tune, I had to get off my lazy arse to change channel.

Kids these days.

Leave a comment:

• msubhan
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Oh what fun to look forward to in the morning - the kid's DVD player remote packed in and I have to order a replacement.

I would much rather be doing a MS Project Plan for the next phase of the current Project.
    you could write a project plan for the procurement of a remote control instead

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Willllmslooooow !

<canned laughter>

Leave a comment:

• boring task for the morning - order a new remote control

Working...
X