• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Devil worship?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Devil worship?"

Collapse

• Tingles
    replied
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wurzel View Post
    What way up was it? The symbol associated with the 'dark arts' is the inverted pentagram (2 points at the top and one at the bottom) . If it was one of those you wouldn't see me for dust. Not that I'm superstitious or anything - just reminds me of some of the prepostrous heavy metal that pals of mine used to listen to back in the day.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jhun12 View Post
    What way up was it? The symbol associated with the 'dark arts' is the inverted pentagram. If it was one of those you wouldn't see me for dust. Not that I'm superstitious or anything - just reminds me of some of the prepostrous heavy metal that pals of mine used to listen to back in the day.

Sockpuppet alert?

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    For £100 a night, I wouldn't expect to be using a communal bog at the end of the corridor. No en-suite? Or were you returning to your room after 'misbehaving'?
    Not communal.... was a very short trip.... en-suite.

T*****L**** booked at the last minute...

Haven't received a reply from their customer service dept yet...

I'm going to H' Inn next time.....

T

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Stayed at a large budget hotel last week in London, £100ish per night.

(nocturnal trip to the bog).
    For £100 a night, I wouldn't expect to be using a communal bog at the end of the corridor. No en-suite? Or were you returning to your room after 'misbehaving'?

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Stayed at a large budget hotel last week for a course in London, I booked at the last minute - £100ish per night.

T
    £100 - how can that remotely be called a "budget" hotel?

£30 would be a budget hotel. And even then I'd want some hot totty at the reception...

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Bloody cheek!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    What way up was it? The symbol associated with the 'dark arts' is the inverted pentagram (2 points at the top and one at the bottom) . If it was one of those you wouldn't see me for dust. Not that I'm superstitious or anything - just reminds me of some of the prepostrous heavy metal that pals of mine used to listen to back in the day.
    Originally posted by jhun12 View Post
    What way up was it? The symbol associated with the 'dark arts' is the inverted pentagram. If it was one of those you wouldn't see me for dust. Not that I'm superstitious or anything - just reminds me of some of the prepostrous heavy metal that pals of mine used to listen to back in the day.
    Is there an echo in here? in here?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I've found the pitch where Satan has his Sunday morning kickabout:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so...13937&t=h&z=17

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    Has had so many uses over the years, hollywood has made it more of a devil symbol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram

Leave a comment:

• jhun12
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    May not have been a pentagram, it could have been the Jewish "Star of David".

Did the receptionist shrug his shoulders and wear a skull cap or instead did he have evil arched eyebrows and a black goaty on his chin ?

I did joined their loyalty club....

I get free rooms it only cost me a soul....

It was like a star but was upside down - one point down, two up..

I filled in a feedback email they sent me today.

T

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    May not have been a pentagram, it could have been the Jewish "Star of David".

Did the receptionist shrug his shoulders and wear a skull cap or instead did he have evil arched eyebrows and a black goaty on his chin ?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Stayed at a large budget hotel last week for a course in London, I booked at the last minute - £100ish per night.

Was surprised to see a large luminous pentagram which was painted on the wall near the door of the room - noticed it on the last night at about 3.30am (nocturnal trip to the bog).

Tried to explain to the guy on the receiption in the morning but it got somewhat lost in translation...

T
    Why is a pentagram bad?

Sorry but Im not into devil worship much : misspent youth.....

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Worse to come .. I recommend playing Hellgate London for a week - you will get used to pentagrams .

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by chetty View Post
    I do a better cockney accent than Dick Van Dyke thankyou very much.
    Can you do a Welsh accent?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    When i was in halls at Uni, somebody had done this picture of Hitler on my notice board. It was done by painting in the shaded/dark parts of his face on the white notice board. It looked quite good but seemed a bit odd heading off to the land of Nod under the gaze of one of the biggest mass murderers of all time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X