• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pimp called me on Saturday!"

Collapse

• Archangel
    replied
    I got a mail from a pimp last night (sunday) at 8pm.

As I'm on the bench it was most welcome!

Now lets see if I get an interview.

(and the rate is only 60% of last rate, but it is local and beggars can't be choosers)

Leave a comment:

• fester
    replied
    I had a call on saturday as well, he said its a hard market and he has to do everything he can! wow!

Leave a comment:

• zamzummim
    replied
    I have pimps calling me on the Sat now and again.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    I had a call today as well at 3pm from a Agent - pre-arranged Friday.

Looks like they are working overtime

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Not that I'm interested in the gig, but I am intrigued. I'll not bother calling him, I'm sure he'll be in touch again...

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Sounds promising, a call on Saturday.

I had a call on a Saturday evening (7pm) earlier this year. I got the gig.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    I could rent a decent pad for the duration, but no, he wasn't having it.
    Which proves what muppets certain agents are.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I once had a pimp call me at 8 on a Sunday morning for a contract with a stunningly good rate. I was suddenly wide awake

Then the idiot realised I didn't live in London and started making excuses. "So what?", said I, as I could rent a decent pad for the duration, but no, he wasn't having it.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Not unheard of for pimps to work at the weekend. Maybe he got a lead on Friday and wants some people to go back with on Monday before some other fecker nicks it. Or the client could just be wanting people quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Perhaps he's been given 5 days to save his job and he's trawling for his life- ?
    Or perhaps he fancies you?

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Was he pished!
    Yep, sounds like he was on Autopilot mode, didn't realise it was the weekend. Having said that, there are a couple of "Urgent Contract" listed for Saturday 18 July - maybe the market really is picking up? Nah, can't be..

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Was he pished!

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    ...probably wants a couple of references

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    started a topic Pimp called me on Saturday!

Pimp called me on Saturday!

I've just heard the voicemail, no details apart from "please contact me"

What's that all about?

Working...
X