• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Email addresses

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Email addresses"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Anything from hotmail is automatically rejected on my system, have only ever received spam from those addresses and no-one I know uses it!

For some reason, people used to find my old domain, fluffymitten.com, rather smirk-worthy. Can't imagine why. However, for business I use a domain name that matches my company name.

I host my own email so cannot offer any advice re good providers as I refuse to pay for something I can do myself!

Leave a comment:

• Bovvered
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Ok, point made

Any sugestions on good hosting solutions?
    fasthosts.co.uk

One package hosts an Exchange account for you, which is a pretty nice feature IMO.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Ok, point made

I have about 10 domains with www.easyspace.co.uk tend to be ok, however once I can pull my finger out I'll host them from my unix box in the office.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Black
    Its up for grabs if anyone wants it...
    Not quite the kind of professional service I was thinking of offering

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Its up for grabs if anyone wants it...

Leave a comment:

• datestamp
    replied
    I'll sell you BigTitsRus.co.uk for a tenner

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieC
    Well what do you think?

If you get two emails, one from [email protected] and one from [email protected] which one would you open first?
    Ok, point made

Leave a comment:

• privateeye
    replied
    free email gets used by the spammers and virus distributors, I treat with suspicion anything from hotmail, yahoo and any other freebie. For doing business I think its a big no.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    [email protected]
    Definately the one with the Tits in the middle
    and soles of feet showing in the car wing mirrors.....(think about it.)

Leave a comment:

• planetit
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    Heh! There's nothing wrong with having tits in your name.

Leave a comment:

• EddieC
    replied
    I wondered how long it would take anyone to spot the tits.

6 minutes! This site is not what it used to be.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieC
    Well what do you think?

If you get two emails, one from [email protected] and one from [email protected] which one would you open first?

[email protected]

Leave a comment:

• EddieC
    replied
    Well what do you think?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    started a topic Email addresses

Email addresses

Just wondering how many folks use free email services like gmail, hotmail etc and how many have their own company domain name thay they use.

Does having a company e-mail address look better from the clients perspective?

Working...
X