• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This is the way the police treat their friends"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    People forget how good humans are at keeping cool, what with us being the best sweaters on the planet and fur-less. There are tribes in Africa (and probably our ancestors too) that will run down animals until they succumb to heatstroke.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    30 minutes ?

Shocking, I had no idea.

I would have guessed maybe an hour or two tops.

Poor doggies.

Unless of course we are missing something here.

Perhaps the dogs were too old for police work, and I'm guessing that they get a special injection when they're done with ?

Perhaps the handler was trying to save vet's fees ?

Shocking nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    All to do with the way they cool themselves.

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    30 minutes is all it takes.
    Really, I am shocked on 30 minutes.......

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    30 minutes is all it takes.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Simlar tragedy happened with my friends dog in Glasgow many moons ago - on a summers afternoon left the dog in the car for about an hour while he went shopping - he was mortified to find the dog dead - and he was a para-medic - his wife loved that dog - so all you dog owners - never let this happen to you.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    BBC: Police dogs die in parked vehicle

Lord help anyone they don't like.
    Anyone charged? Clearly that is cruelty to animals.

Leave a comment:

• jimjamuk
    replied
    pretty cut and dry is you ask me in that if you or I did this you would end up in court. Im guessing the handler will somehow get a slap on the wrist and nothing more will be said

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Poor hounds!

The officer in charge of the dogs should be disciplined and dismissed.

****wad. They're dogs, for goodness sakes - it's not like they have opposable thumbs that they could use to open the car doors with!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I am rather disappointed there wasn't a corresponding summary dismissal of the handler.

I cannot think of any reason - other than the handler being admitted to casualty unconscious - how this could happen and the handler get to keep their job.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    And if that was you or me who left their pet in the car we'd have to book thrown at us.
    From the story...The maximum sentence for causing unnecessary suffering to an animal is six months in prison and a £20,000 fine.

I bet that doesn't happen to the stupid ferker who killed these 2 highly trained police dogs.

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

Headlines in the paper for the story:

Dog day afternoon
    Dawg Gone
    Hot Dogs
    Paw Lassies (The Scotsman)

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    No excuses in my opinion.

******* appalling!
    I put this in the same class as I put manslaughter.

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied
    No excuses in my opinion.

******* appalling!

Leave a comment:

• This is the way the police treat their friends

Two police dogs have died in a hot vehicle parked outside the headquarters of Nottinghamshire Police

Working...
X