• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sockmuppets

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sockmuppets"

Collapse

• Hector
    replied
    If they are not highly regarded would there be a consensus in favour of a tax on sockpuppets?

We have been tasked with finding suggestions for new revenue streams in time for the pre-budget report in November. The money is needed badly so no idea is too outlandish!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I dont really understand the sockpuppet thingy. I am a simple soul

But i do think folk on here obsess about it far too much.
    I agree.
    I regard all of you as raving internet nutters who are not real so the sockpuppets dont actualy matter.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I can't be arsed posting a comment!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    It is well known that there are only three or four real people who post on here, each using an array of different identities.
    I dont really understand the sockpuppet thingy. I am a simple soul

But i do think folk on here obsess about it far too much.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    What if nobody were?
    It is well known that there are only three or four real people who post on here, each using an array of different identities.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    'Twas ever thus.
    Indeed.

I wouldn't get too stressed about it.

In fact we've been known to go on holiday trolling other people's forums in the past so are in no position to get too sanctimonious about it.

Andyw is now the stuff of legends but he made this forum difficult for a month or so. Eventually he overstepped the mark and was banned. They all do.

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    What if you one day discovered you were actually all the people on this forum, and that you had multiple personalities, how brilliantly ****ed up would that be?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Some people must have less than one ID. How else does one ID have time to post here, be an expert economist, hold down a contract and lead a normal life?
    wtf?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Some people must have less than one ID. How else does one ID have time to post here, be an expert economist, hold down a contract and lead a normal life?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What if everybody were genuine?
    What if nobody were?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Frankly, if everybody on here is genuine then there are some proper weirdos going round. And worse, they're contractors so we might actually have encountered some of them, or will in the the future.
    You've led a sheltered life if you think the contractors on here are weirder than those you've met in the real world...

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Sockpuppets are a plague on this forum.
    I thought we were friends.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    That would explain how you can simultaneously be both in the pub and annoying the rest of us here at the same time then?
    I slipped a swift couple of shandies down my throat like ....
    Why am I annoying you?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    That would explain how you can simultaneously be both in the pub and annoying the rest of us here at the same time then?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Sockpuppets are a plague on this forum. I certainly don't have any. Oh no sirree! Instead I have the new concept of several people with one ID.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X