• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New citizenship test"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by planetit
    I haven't got a clue
    That never stopped you before....

Leave a comment:

• planetit
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Bollox. I'd say if some person from remote Pakistani village who came here on arranged married would know for sure things like in what order those Saint days should be or whether invitation for police interview is optional or not, then one may say this person is away of local things, and thus can be called naturalised. The fact that you need to read one book is irrelevant -- they had to be reasonable and compile all required knowledge into one book, this is done for driving tests and I'd say its more dangerous to give some retard a driving license for a car that can kill lots of people than give passport.

Its a good first move from NOTHING (no oath, no english test, no local knowldge test).
    I'd like to comment further, but I haven't got a clue what you're on about.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Lazarou
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    "Your My wife now"
    We would love you to join us!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Knowing which one it is proves you have read the book, but says nothing about your knowledge of Britain.
    Bollox. I'd say if some person from remote Pakistani village who came here on arranged married would know for sure things like in what order those Saint days should be or whether invitation for police interview is optional or not, then one may say this person is away of local things, and thus can be called naturalised. The fact that you need to read one book is irrelevant -- they had to be reasonable and compile all required knowledge into one book, this is done for driving tests and I'd say its more dangerous to give some retard a driving license for a car that can kill lots of people than give passport.

Its a good first move from NOTHING (no oath, no english test, no local knowldge test).

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Of course you did all realise that this isn't the actual test? Didn't you?

It's just a series of questions based on the text of a booklet which non of you have read. Just a test of someone’s ability to memorise the content of a booklet. Nothing to do with “Britishness”.
    Perhaps you're a bad loser. I never memorised any book. I'm just naturally gifted, as most women are.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I got all of them right. God knows how - most of it was guesswork. I guess that Britishness is part of my makeup.

Shame of you chaps that a woman has no trouble answering them. You must be kicking yourself that I know the national voltage rate AND I can throw together a mean spaghetti bolognaise.

Perhaps more woman should be in IT after all now that it's conclusive that we're the most capable sex

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    No, doesn't prove they've read the book.

Leave a comment:

• planetit
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    It may sound funny but a number of foreigners who became British citizens do not even speak English - heck, some of them rarely live their house futher than few cornershops.

The key to the issue is that its naturalisation -- and I can't see how person who is supposedly naturalised can't speak or read local language and know key things about the country.
    Look at the first question. Any of the answers COULD be correct, but only one of them IS written in the booklet. Knowing which one it is proves you have read the book, but says nothing about your knowledge of Britain.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    What muppet thought Father Christmas comes from Lapland?
    All the muppets who actually read newspapers and know that for the last how ever many years theres being an ongoing Christmas trade war between the Father Christmas at the North Pole and the one who lives in Lapland over who is the real Father Christmas...

What sort of muppet doesn't read a newspaper?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Just a test of someone’s ability to memorise the content of a booklet. Nothing to do with “Britishness”.
    It may sound funny but a number of foreigners who became British citizens do not even speak English - heck, some of them rarely live their house futher than few cornershops.

The key to the issue is that its naturalisation -- and I can't see how person who is supposedly naturalised can't speak or read local language and know key things about the country.

Leave a comment:

• planetit
    replied
    I can't be confident I'd pass the test
    It's a tough test
    This is a tough test. I would be curious to know the percentage of british folk that get more than 10.
    Of course you did all realise that this isn't the actual test? Didn't you?

It's just a series of questions based on the text of a booklet which non of you have read. Just a test of someone’s ability to memorise the content of a booklet. Nothing to do with “Britishness”.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    Someone who actually went to Lapland and even saw his house.

And I bet you think it's the same Santa in Selfridges!!
    This man was an impostor.....did you pull his beard?
    The man was a fake??

There's only one real Santa!
    One real Santa!

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Well I got 10 ........Oh! and the pixies helped me.
    What muppet thought Father Christmas comes from Lapland?
    Someone who actually went to Lapland and even saw his house.

Go to Finland, it's a beautiful country, women are fast and you will improve your knowledge of geography and fairy tales too.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    I almost got all of them right.... I could almost be a British citizen....I could have been a contender..................

"Your My wife now"

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I almost scored 10 -- I made 2 mistakes that (if I was in real test) I would have put more time thinking and answered right, which would still be below 75%.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X