• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Heading for bankruptcy"

Collapse

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    There is no point in reducing the debt now
    Blow the biggest debt bubble and then wipe the slate clean by defaulting

Thats the spirit - we can always get a bailout from some suckers like the ECB when it all goes to pot.

Get that mega-loan today folks !

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    There is no point in reducing the debt now
    Blow the biggest debt bubble and then wipe the slate clean by defaulting

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    If debt mattered - the USA would have perished yonks ago.

Get on the blower for that mega-loan now.

Dont worry about tomorrow when you can blow it all today .

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    I wonder if Ocean Finance are awaiting that call from a certain Mr Darling?
    Darling & Brown can not only consolidate the debts, but go on a nice holiday as well

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
    No, no, no. It's all been taken care of.

One of the things that the Labour government did a few years back was to soften the bankruptcy rules.

All the country needs to do is enter into an IVA with its creditors and just pay back what it can afford for five years or so.

Sorted!

Not quite.

In the interim five years all you have to do is to borrow the sum of the inital debt which having then repaid - you are sorted.

Simple.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post

One of the things that the Labour government did a few years back was to soften the bankruptcy rules.

All the country needs to do is enter into an IVA with its creditors and just pay back what it can afford for five years or so.

Sorted!
    I wonder if Ocean Finance are awaiting that call from a certain Mr Darling?

Leave a comment:

• sweetandsour
    replied

Sorted!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Has anyone blamed Maggie yet?
    Me! Me! Me!

I blame Thatcher.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Has anyone blamed Maggie yet?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    As usual, Labour borrow and get us into massive debt and then the Tories have to make the cuts in services and raise taxes in order to pay back the debts. This is just not right !!

Labour should take responsibility for once !!!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    So what does this mean wrt house prices?
    Always up. Property only ever goes up.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    So what does this mean wrt house prices?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Heading for bankruptcy

Heading for bankruptcy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...re-needed.html

Speaking to the Treasury Committee of MPs, Mr King dealt a serious blow to Mr Brown's political strategy of casting the next election as a choice between "Tory cuts" and "Labour investment."

In the Budget in April, Alistair Darling set out plans to borrow an extra £700 billion over five years, taking the national debt to £1.3 trillion.

Simply paying the interest on that borrowing will soon cost more money than the Government spends on schools or defence.

There you have it. I'm voting for Labour investment. Damn them Tories and their cuts cuts cuts.

Save the NHS! Vote Labour!

Working...
X