• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Jobserve Q2

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jobserve Q2"

Collapse

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Yesterday got the 'almost' final no extention.

Phone interview today

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    On the subject of companies advertising directly, do they just post in local papers, or any other journals etc?

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Aaargh!

Is there any way to filter out Billy Jenkins and MA Associates tulip from my search results? Every day for the last few years I've been seeing the same adverts with "very high" rates. Has anyone ever actually got a gig from this muppet?
    When I search on Indeed.com there are 100s of vacancies with the Huxley lot. I wonder what happens when they actually have a genuine role to fill - do their candidates take them seriously?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Do they call out the emergency plumber by saying "Hi, I've got a brilliant toilet-unblocking opportunity that'll give you exposure to cutting edge Andrex-retrieval"?

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    I genuinely questioned whether he meant to say £220 - I mean that would be low...

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    Just had a pimp telling me about a great opportunity in Leeds - C#, SQL yada yada - £120 a day.
    Alarm bells ring when they start with say "I've got a great opportunity for you..." What they should be saying is "Can you help me? I need a website building" or whatever.

Do they call out the emergency plumber by saying "Hi, I've got a brilliant toilet-unblocking opportunity that'll give you exposure to cutting edge Andrex-retrieval"?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Aaargh!

Is there any way to filter out Billy Jenkins and MA Associates tulip from my search results? Every day for the last few years I've been seeing the same adverts with "very high" rates. Has anyone ever actually got a gig from this muppet?
    Just keep applying for it (at least 100 a day), they will take it down sometime.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Aaargh!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I always search for security cleared work and there seem to be plenty of DV cleared roles but not many SC, at a guess there should be at least 10x more SC than DV so I can only assume they're not being advertised as the agents have plenty of takers already on the books.

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Just had a pimp telling me about a great opportunity in Leeds - C#, SQL yada yada - £120 a day.

He's got immediately available contractors that would do that (so why is he calling me then?). No? Would I take £160?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    It's honest and for true. Give it another day.
    Bump

Looks like you were right, nearly.

Lots of roles turned up late yesterday on Jobserve.
    Maybe something was not working on the site, or site feed yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I know you are only trying to cheer me up, but I don't think so
    Have you checked Jobserve yet today?

It went potty about 8pm last night; I wonder if there was a problem at the Jobserve end?

I've seen more gigs this morning so far than I did all day yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by SillyMilly View Post
    Mondays and Fridays are always quiet on Jobserve.

So are Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays this year.
    Jobserve Tuesdays FTW!

Leave a comment:

• SillyMilly
    replied
    Mondays and Fridays are always quiet on Jobserve.

So are Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays this year.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I know you are only trying to cheer me up, but I don't think so
    It's honest and for true. Give it another day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X