• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best (non exercise) way of losing weight"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Come again Willis?
    Sorry you have trouble with normal conversation. Maybe if I ranted like a total looney we would get on? Seemed to work for you and ****.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Cut out carbs. No potatoes, pasta, rice, peas, sweetcorn. Unlimited protein/fruit/vegetables. Small amounts of milk/bread.

HTH
    Frequent masturbation. Then there's no time to eat.

Edit : No wait, that is a form of exercise.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Thats what I said in my opening post!

Am I have to start agreeing with sasguru?
    Come again Willis?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Cut out carbs. No potatoes, pasta, rice, peas, sweetcorn. Unlimited protein/fruit/vegetables. Small amounts of milk/bread.

HTH
    Yup. Worked for me - about 1lb a week. Got me down from 100kg to 85. But I couldn't resist the call of the beer, got cravings for bread,and bounced back to 90. I've maintained that for few years now. When we have a Sunday roast I now pile on the meat and only have a couple of roast potatoes.

If you have a high protein lunch, you'll feel less sleepy in the afternoon than if you have a high carb lunch.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Le Rosbif View Post
    More seriously, the only way of losing weight is by reducing your calorie intake and focus on proteins rather than carbs.
    Thats what I said in my opening post!

Am I have to start agreeing with sasguru?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I would double in weight if I did that.
    Your stomach needs stapling!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Eat when you're hungry not when you think it's time to eat...
    I would double in weight if I did that.

Leave a comment:

• Le Rosbif
    replied
    You might want to have a look at the Blood Type Diet.
    Some say it works terrific other that it's full of tulip.

Basically if you are:

O: unlimited proteins, no carbs at all, few low in fiber veggies (carrots, cabbage)
    A: Veggie
    AB: balanced omnivore

I think it's kindof full of rubbish but I like the history behind.

Blood type O individuals inherit their immune system directly from the cavemen -> hunters and protein feeders
    Blood Type A individuals started to appear in Asia 15-20 thousand year ago when some tribes started to live mainly on crops and agriculture.

Apparently AB is the most "modern" type of immune system

Interesting, innit?

http://www.dadamo.com/
    Last edited by Le Rosbif; 20 June 2009, 14:10.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Eat when you're hungry not when you think it's time to eat...

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Black and Decker circular saw applied to the top of your least favourite leg at an angle of 90 degrees.

No actual exercise and a significant reduction in body weight.

Leave a comment:

• Le Rosbif
    replied
    More seriously, the only way of losing weight is by reducing your calorie intake and focus on proteins rather than carbs.

I personnaly live on a high protein diet.
    My motto is to never refrain from eating meat, fish, seafood.
    I just avoid porc as it's high in fat.

Complement it with reasonnable portions of rice, or rice noodles (avoid egg noddles -> the yolk is very high in fat), and veggies.

Eat fruits in moderation as they contain sugar! They are very healthy but not if you start munching 10 apples a day.
    Refrain to 3 pieces of apples, pears, and berries.

If as I suspect, you are lunching mainly on sandwiches, then avoid white bread at all cost and go for the wholemeal option. Prawns and tuna sandwiches are a must, if they are not full of mayonnaise (which you should NEVER eat).

May I ask why exercise is not an option with you?
    Last edited by Le Rosbif; 20 June 2009, 13:26.

Leave a comment:

• Evil Hangover
    replied
    amputation

Leave a comment:

• WetBehindTheEars
    replied
    Diet is everything, but I'd do some exercise as well.

Try an ECA stack (Ephadrine\Caffeine\Aspirin).

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Cut out the junk food and eat less red meat and more cereals, fruit and vegetables.

I lost two stone by cutting out fried breakfasts and substituting with porridge and skimmed milk, eating brown rice instead of potatoes or white rice, wholemeal bread instead of white, reducing beer intake and dumping takeaways and all cheese etc.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    But you are what you eat.

I suppose that makes me a c**t.
    No you are a dick

Sorry that was just too hard to resist!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X