• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Iran...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Iran..."

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    The problem that the Iranians have is that they have given their people an education. They have also allowed their people a smidgeon of democracy to vent their feelings. This has created splits in the establishment and may well turn into serious civil unrest.

if you are going to exert control over the people it has to be total control.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    There really is no hope until the education system improves.
    Do you mean here, or in Iran?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Yup, it's the lowest common denominator that wins, just as Labour do in the UK. There really is no hope until the education system improves.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    It looks as though the Iranians are stuck with a PM they didn't vote for, they have my empathy.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Dim, where on earth did you get that picture of Jacko "sans wig"?
    It's a recent holiday photo of my good self. Notice the tan.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    That stumpy ferret-faced weasel will win sadly.

Didn't he look ridiculous trying to Lord it up over our Navy personnel that time. If I had half and hour on my own with him I reckon I could persuade him that the Holocaust really happened.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You ran where?
    Dim, where on earth did you get that picture of Jacko "sans wig"?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Doesn't matter who gets in...Israel will still bomb them.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Flock of Seagulls?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Where's the AndyW option?

Call this a poll?
    I did think about it but he's not on the polling card, treat option 1 as AndyW.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    "Mir-Hossein Mousavi, the choice of the forward thinking and educated middle classes"...

Who'll be stoned if they're caught supporting him?
    From the news reports I've seen it's all been quite civilised so far, come polling day things could be different though.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    "Mir-Hossein Mousavi, the choice of the forward thinking and educated middle classes"...

Who'll be stoned if they're caught supporting him?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    You ran where?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    started a poll Iran...

Iran...

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the choice of the backward stupid and uneducated.
    54.17%
    Mir-Hossein Mousavi, the choice of the forward thinking and educated middle classes.
    45.83%
    ...who's it going to be?

Working...
X