• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "T20 Pakistan vs Netherlands"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Hold on, why were Holland invited into an English cricket competition in the first place if not for commercial reasons? Unless we annexed them of course.
    Because they were good enough and it helped develop the game outside its traditional boundaries. Nothing wrong with that; all sports need to maximise their audience to pay the bills.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    93 all out.

Worthy effort at a crap format of cricket. However, this should wake up a few people at the ECB that NL should be welcomed back to the county one day championship instead of their disgraceful dumping for the sake of commercial pressures.
    Hold on, why were Holland invited into an English cricket competition in the first place if not for commercial reasons? Unless we annexed them of course.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    93 all out.

Worthy effort at a crap format of cricket. However, this should wake up a few people at the ECB that NL should be welcomed back to the county one day championship instead of their disgraceful dumping for the sake of commercial pressures.

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    So England thrash Pakistan, and Pakistan thrash Holland - that means England are miles better than Holland, right?
    Its bit transitive dude...

Holland can say We thrashed England and England thrashed Pakistan, so we are miles better than Pakistan.

Pakistan can say, We thrashed Holland and Holland thrashed England, so we are miles better than England.

This format is just a lottery

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    They're now fooked - ten Doeschate out, three wickets left 7 overs to get 76 runs.

Shame.
    It's not a shame. They've gone out all guns firing and given it everything, beating England in the process and gaining respect for Dutch cricket. I can't fault them.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    So England thrash Pakistan, and Pakistan thrash Holland - that means England are miles better than Holland, right?

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    With ten Doeschate they have a slight chance; once he goes they're fooked.
    They're now fooked - ten Doeschate out, three wickets left 7 overs to get 76 runs.

Shame.

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    You can tell them the Ned is in the deep tulip.
    3 wickets in hand and Required Run Rate 15.30

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    They need 10+ an over now to make 151. Not gonna happen, sadly.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    Not looking good for NL at the moment - shame really.
    With ten Doeschate they have a slight chance; once he goes they're fooked.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I'm surrounded by cloggies who are avidly watching the score but unable to interpret it and are asking me to tell them if NL are doing OK.

I never thought this would happen. They thought I was mad during the last Ashes in England when I constantly updated my screen for score updates. Now they're doing the same; for CRICKET!!!
    You can tell them the Ned is in the tulip.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Not looking good for NL at the moment - shame really.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    looking difficult now but ten Doeschate can hit it around with a bit of luck

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I've just told them NL aren't scorint fast enough to win but MIGHT manage the 151 to go through. They are sitting on the edges of their seats. Orange shirted cloggies sitting on the edges of their seats for a cricket match. Pigs CAN fly.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I'm surrounded by cloggies who are avidly watching the score but unable to interpret it and are asking me to tell them if NL are doing OK.

I never thought this would happen. They thought I was mad during the last Ashes in England when I constantly updated my screen for score updates. Now they're doing the same; for CRICKET!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X