• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cowboy bizness mashups update"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    they're in Finland and the pub is most likely the reason it'sgonna take 6 weeks to do the job

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Those that take the firewall team to the pub afterwards if they make this minor change promptly will prevail.

HTH
    they're in Finland and the pub is most likely the reason it'sgonna take 6 weeks to do the job

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    <RANT>

-they finally have their system as stable as possible
    -testing of attachment transfer betweens systems starts tomorrow
    -their proposed solution is to use a script to ftp attachments from my system to their etch-a-sketch "no developers required" piece of tulipe via a remote ftp location (their system cannot handle attachments any other way )
    -as today is the day before testing their PM decided it would be sensible to test firewalls are open..they aren't
    -their firewall team have said they are backed up and it will take 4-6 weeks to open up port 21 between the 2 locations

bunch of flipin cowboys

</RANT>
    Those that take the firewall team to the pub afterwards if they make this minor change promptly will prevail.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    haha

Germany has Corpus Christi day tomorrow and so it's another national holiday , as usual most german's take the friday off as a bridging holiday

so it's another 3 day week but sadly just 3 days pay

although gf chef is driving down to visit for a week

.. so i guess it works out well. BBQ by the river, cycling round the lake, beer gardens and sun.

Life isn't just about work and money for Chef
    My payment is based on deliverables and I just finished something that needs to be in next Friday. Think I will spend next week getting in front for the next deliverable. 2 weeks off in August looking good.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    haha

Germany has Corpus Christi day tomorrow and so it's another national holiday , as usual most german's take the friday off as a bridging holiday

so it's another 3 day week but sadly just 3 days pay

although gf chef is driving down to visit for a week

.. so i guess it works out well. BBQ by the river, cycling round the lake, beer gardens and sun.

Life isn't just about work and money for Chef

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What timezone are you in?
    planet, on.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Chill dude, its Friday tomorrow. Beer gardens lakes and mountains for me. Wifey is coming over woo hoo.
    WOW... I have lost a couple of days....... What have I been doing.... Last thing I remember it was Tuesday afternoon.......

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Chill dude, its Friday tomorrow. .
    What timezone are you in?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Chill dude, its Friday tomorrow. Beer gardens lakes and mountains for me. Wifey is coming over woo hoo.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    <RANT>

-their proposed solution is to use a script to ftp attachments from my system to their etch-a-sketch "no developers required" piece of tulipe via a remote ftp location (their system cannot handle attachments any other way )
    -as today is the day before testing their PM decided it would be sensible to test firewalls are open..they aren't
    -their firewall team have said they are backed up and it will take 4-6 weeks to open up port 21 between the 2 locations

bunch of flipin cowboys

</RANT>
    On the plus side thats another 4-6 weeks added to your extension

Leave a comment:

• chef
    started a topic Cowboy bizness mashups update

Cowboy bizness mashups update

<RANT>

bunch of feckin cowboys

</RANT>

Working...
X