• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Iran calls for Israel to be wiped off map"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Plus Craig lives in Brighton, so we all know what he'll be up to...

Leave a comment:

• datestamp
    replied
    Originally posted by ~Craig~
    someones gettin' laid tonight
    What an appropriate time to read this post:
    Today, 15:34 #89
    ~Craig~
    Lurker not a fighter

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    but Alf, Its not Solitaire

you can be Zhuangzi
    Chico Huizi

I am happy to be the minnow

So Zhuangzi said to EO, do you really wish to be a minnow?

To which EO replied , yes because that way I know I will be happy.

So Huizi then waved his magic wand and Shazam !

Eo was a minnow swimming happily away.

And they all lived happily ever after.

Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    but Alf, Its not Solitaire

you can be Zhuangzi
    Chico Huizi

I am happy to be the minnow

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    Alf
    you are making two big mistakes

1)you think that because you understand that there is philosophy in the world
    everyone understands there is need to think about thinking

2)because Chicho gets in a debate he understands what a debate is

Chico lies but then justifies it - no more need be said

Well perhaps you think I am playing some kind of chess game ?

Ah .. But you are wrong EO

You see...
    Its only Solitaire ....

Zhuangzi and Huizi were strolling one day on the bridge over the River Hao, when the former observed, "See how the minnows are darting about! Such is the pleasure that fish enjoy."

"You are not a fish,' said Huizi. "How do you know what fish enjoy?"

"You are not I," retorted Zhuangzi, "so how do you know that I do not know what fish enjoy?"

"I am not you," said Huizi, "and you are not a fish, and so it is certain that you do not know what fish enjoy."

"Let us go back," said Zhuangzi, "to your original question. You asked me how I know what fish enjoy. The way you put the question shows that you already knew what I knew. I know that just as we stand here over the Hao."

Selections from the Daodejing and Zhuangzi from Sources of Chinese Tradition, Vol. 1, trans. and ed. Wm. Theodore de Bary et al., Columbia University Press (USA: 1960).

--Zhuangzi

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Alf
    you are making two big mistakes

1)you think that because you understand that there is philosophy in the world
    everyone understands there is need to think about thinking

2)because Chicho gets in a debate he understands what a debate is

Chico lies but then justifies it - no more need be said

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    A riproaring Cosmic Dance to you SG and everybody else who gets the cosmic joke !

Osw. Slave, (3:53) Thou hast slain me:- villian, take my purse. If ever thou wilt thrive, (4:02) bury my body, and give the (4:05) letters which thous findest about me to (4:08) Edmund Earl of Gloster. (4:10) Seek him out upon the British party. :- O, (4:14) Untimely Death!

Edg. (4:23) I know thee well, a (4:25) serviceable villain. As duteous to the (4:27) vices of thy mistress as badness would desire.

Glo. What, is he dead?

Edg. (4:31) Sit you down father, rest you. (Ends) Let's see these pockets, the letters that he speaks of may be my friends.. He's dead. I am only sorry he had no other deaths man.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 28 October 2005, 15:02.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Actually AJP, that comes tp as close a personal philosophy/religion as I have.
    Enjoy the cosmic dance

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    someones gettin' laid tonight

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Alfred you been drinking again?
    No Chico but I will be around 10pm tonight you are welcome to join me in the St Gerry district in Brussels , I will be merrymaking then going to a Salsa dance bar till the wee hours ... you see I am rather FRIVOLOUS.

But all God wanted me , and yourself for that matter,to do is to listen to the music and dance !

Because HE is a bit of a cool cat and HE wants everybody to be rocking with laughter.

As I mentioned YOU and I and everybody else on this board are the cosmos.

We have these ego illusions but we are all part of the Godhead, irrespective of whether you realise that, or not.

And its better you dont realise its a ll a cosmic game of laughter ,because that really does give God a good laugh !

As somebdoy once said

I am he as you are he as you are me
    and we are all together

Wishing you all a great weekend and may your belief system be with you

AJP
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 28 October 2005, 14:36.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Alfred you been drinking again?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    If God does exist he certainly has a sense of humour,

Speaking of which I did laugh at your analogy with Jesus !

Dantes Paradise ends with the destuction of the World , but not with wailing but the sound of Gods bellowing Cosmic Laughter.

You see, it depends if you view life as something SERIOUS or FRIVOLOUS.

If you are SERIOUS then your ego must survive, no matter what, and even with physical death there is a prospect of heavenly promotion !

And of course if your are SERIOUS then there is no time for laughter, dancing nor music, beacuse that doesnt take you anywhere,does it?

But if you are FRIVOLOUS then you love to dance, like the Hindu god Lilla, whose dance created the comsos, not becase you are going anywhere, but just because , well dancing, its a fun thing to do ,right ?

And for all those SERIOUS people out there, I hope you do hear that Cosmic Laughter, because if you have lived your life seriously , one day you will face death and all those material things and status you craved for will vanish.

Pop goes the Weasel !

And you will realise ,on your death bed, too late, that all you were meant to do in this World was Dance and listen to the music.

But relax, beacuse YOU will never really die because YOU were never really born !

Because you are IT , YOU and I are the cosmos itself, emerging then dissapearing, hide and seek, endlessly.

And the Worlds a stage for Gods amusement.

So kick back ,relax,enjoy and dance to the music !

The foolish will laugh at this
    But the wise will understand
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 28 October 2005, 14:20.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Take care my friend.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Let it go......just let it go...
    He he you actually take this seriously, don't you?

Anyway must go, yet another boring Friday afternoon meeting.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Let it go......just let it go...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X