• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Star Trek or Terminator?"

Collapse

• Mailman
    replied
    Seen em both and of the two of them Id go back to the movies to see Star Trek.

Did like the tie in with Arny at the end though

Over all Terminator was ok, watchable and enjoyable with only a few "how comes", like "how come them pesky humans still have all those large footprint facilities like airbases and the like".

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Great film - I've read mixed reviews on this, so expectations weren't so high - but my missus even said it was very good.

Got to wonder about some film critics ...
    I saw it at the weekend too - thought it was OK yet nothing special, but certainly not as bad as the critics made out.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Great film - I've read mixed reviews on this, so expectations weren't so high - but my missus even said it was very good.

Got to wonder about some film critics ...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    I've seen both, Star Trek is the better film IMO..

Chef
    Plumped for terminator - the missus doesn't fancy star trek, no matter how much I tell her - it's supposed to be good and not geeky ...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Find a new one.

Better yet, find a new two.

Two words - threesome.
    Two words - two kids.

One word - knackered

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Nah, I know what they both look like ...
    Find a new one.

Better yet, find a new two.

Two words - threesome.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    I've seen both, Star Trek is the better film IMO..

Chef

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I'd send the Mrs out and go for the babysitter.

HTH.
    Nah, I know what they both look like ...

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I'd go for terminator.
    I'd send the Mrs out and go for the babysitter.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Not watched either but the reviews say Star Trek is a very good film and Terminator Salvation is so so.

Which makes me wonder why most people on here are saying Terminator?? Are they trying to shed the ‘geek’ image or are they so geeky that they refuse to accept a Star Trek film without William Shatner playing the star role?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You ae still my fave GAL though
    Last edited by cailin maith; 4 June 2009, 13:40. Reason: fave!!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Gotta say I agree with that - I gritted my teeth and got through TDVC, but the guy gives me hope that pretty much anyone could be a writer, if they've the stamina & patience to put enough words on the pages.

He gives Jeffery a run for his money, which is no mean feat.
    Not taking into account that JA didnt actually write most of his books. The copy he delivered to the publishers was so bad that his editor basically rewrote his books for him to make them readable.

Purses and sows ears, polishing turds etc....

In a previous incarnation I worked at his publishers, Harper Collins, and some of the things said about his "talent" were definately not complimentary.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Gotta say I agree with that - I gritted my teeth and got through TDVC, but the guy gives me hope that pretty much anyone could be a writer, if they've the stamina & patience to put enough words on the pages.

Me too, it was rubbish, I thought, book and film!

This one though was much better, well I thought so anyway.

Still would reccomend Star Trek though... yum J T Kirk was hot (sorry Zeity!)

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    I'll happily undergo physical pain to avoid damage to a book (almost any book, tbh) but the only book I've been SOOOOOOOOOOO pissed off by that I've chucked away in early read was the Da Vinci Code.

Was in Prague main train station, taking the train to Krakow and needed something to read. It was the only book in English that I hadn't read in the shop so I bought it.

Mistake.

Chucked it out of the speeding train window within an hour of having opened it, and concentrated on getting drunk instead.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Seen ST, loved it.

Terminator? (Not Seen it) Somehow I don't think it's going to live up to the hype.

Angels & Demons? Saw it last night, I detest Dan Brown and all his works. Thank <Insert Deity of Choice here> the film was better than the book IMO.
    I'll happily undergo physical pain to avoid damage to a book (almost any book, tbh) but the only book I've been SOOOOOOOOOOO pissed off by that I've chucked away in early read was the Da Vinci Code.

Was in Prague main train station, taking the train to Krakow and needed something to read. It was the only book in English that I hadn't read in the shop so I bought it.

Mistake.

Chucked it out of the speeding train window within an hour of having opened it, and concentrated on getting drunk instead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X