• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Where's the Doom?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where's the Doom?"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Ooh sir, you are a worrier aren't you sir. Suits you sir.
    Poshibly. I work away at the minute so my evening hobby after reading the kids a bedtime story on Skype, is to surf for doom.

BTW, if anyone uses the spelling emoticon to change the phrase "surf for doom" then you are a tard. :-)

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Some doom...

* Three people diagnosed with swine flu in my building

* Our team was 'evacuated' to the pub yesterday afternoon, and now I have a hangover

* My phone is out of battery and I forgot to bring its charger

Update: they weren't in my building, but they do have mild swine flu
    Last edited by swamp; 4 June 2009, 09:44.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    <cracks knuckles>
    Right let's see.

At the recent meeting of Bilderberg group it was decided to reinflate the markets, and crash them again. This is a protracted bear rally of sorts. A Crash is just around the corner.

North Korea is getting ready to test a long range missile, and the South Koreans are tooling up in a fight that may go nuclear.

Swine Flu is only a short odds hop from mutating and killing us all come flu season.

Big brother starts tonight.

And in 2012 Planet X is going to come into close orbit with the Earth and kill millions.

Any more just ask, I have plenty.

HTH
    Ooh sir, you are a worrier aren't you sir. Suits you sir.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    If my contract isn't rolled over very soon, all the doom in the world will be right here.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Labour - sunk like a lead zeppelin
    House prices - Up
    Markets - Up & then some
    Swine flu - no longer about to kill us all

It's not right I tell ya.

1 bunker for sale.
    <cracks knuckles>
    Right let's see.

At the recent meeting of Bilderberg group it was decided to reinflate the markets, and crash them again. This is a protracted bear rally of sorts. A Crash is just around the corner.

North Korea is getting ready to test a long range missile, and the South Koreans are tooling up in a fight that may go nuclear.

Swine Flu is only a short odds hop from mutating and killing us all come flu season.

Big brother starts tonight.

And in 2012 Planet X is going to come into close orbit with the Earth and kill millions.

Any more just ask, I have plenty.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    'They' are saying bird flu will reappear in Autumn (flu season) and kill us all. Maybe that's when house prices, employment and the stock market will also tumble and the rioting and pestilence start?
    Are 'they' the ones who told us to invest in bank shares, that the UK would become richer and richer by serving the world's financial requirements and that unemployment and inflation were consigned to the past?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Where's the Doom?

I'm back at an old client site on exactly half the rate I was on 12 months ago.

Our combined family income is 40% of what it was, plenty of doom for me.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    'They' are saying bird flu will reappear in Autumn (flu season) and kill us all. Maybe that's when house prices, employment and the stock market will also tumble and the rioting and pestilence start?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    And plenty of contracts out there paying top dollar.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    started a topic Where's the Doom?

Where's the Doom?

Labour - sunk like a lead zeppelin
    House prices - Up
    Markets - Up & then some
    Swine flu - no longer about to kill us all

It's not right I tell ya.

1 bunker for sale.

Working...
X