• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dress code for a 1* Michelin restaurant?"

Collapse

• Tingles
    replied
    We went to a one star Michelin restaurant at the weekend...

Food pretty good but very small portions.

The main problem, were the 17 year olds serving!!

I looked on the Michelin site - they've had a star since 1999 - How???

We've been to many restaurants - who serve MUCH better food and give great service.

It would seem their brand is badly devalued by the inclusion of this restaurant.

Is there a big difference between one and two stars?

T

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    You did indeed. I skim read it
    Don't be embarassed, it's the CUK way.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think I said that in the post you quoted from.
    You did indeed. I skim read it

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I wonder if you can get Naturist restaurants ?

I should imagine Naturist BBQ's are fraught with all sorts of dangers.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    It's not about what you like though. It's about what the restaurant wants its clientele to do. You are free to eat elsewhere if you are unhappy with their policy.
    I think I said that in the post you quoted from.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    When I go out I like to dress down.
    It's not about what you like though. It's about what the restaurant wants its clientele to do. You are free to eat elsewhere if you are unhappy with their policy.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Then why not just put up a sign saying 'No entry for chavs: chavdom determined at the discretion of the owner'?
    A decent Maitr'D is usualy sufficient.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Yes but the chav can turn up suited and booted from Matalan for less than the cost of my indigoes. He would meet the dress code but I wouldn't.
    When I go out I like to dress down. I dress for work unless there is onsite rules. I like to be casual when out.
    I can dress with the best of them. If I really wanted to go to a place with a dress code then I would dress to it. A dress code doesnt exclude scum.
    Then why not just put up a sign saying 'No entry for chavs: chavdom determined at the discretion of the owner'?
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 4 June 2009, 15:40. Reason: to keep the grammar police at bay

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Absolutely.

That and the horrid, awful Burberry / shell suit / Kappa-slappa types.

Euch.
    Association football shirts and in fact any shirt with large prints on it.

White socks.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Absolutely.

Euch.
    Yes but the chav can turn up suited and booted from Matalan for less than the cost of my indigoes. He would meet the dress code but I wouldn't.
    When I go out I like to dress down. I dress for work unless there is onsite rules. I like to be casual when out.
    I can dress with the best of them. If I really wanted to go to a place with a dress code then I would dress to it. A dress code doesnt exclude scum.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Can't see a problem with that matey.

It's the blue jeans that are LC. Horrid things.
    Absolutely.

Euch.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Menelaus posted : if I do wear jeans (like the ones I'm wearing right now, at work) they're of the sandy-beige coloured variety, and a smart shirt plus jacket.
    Can't see a problem with that matey.

It's the blue jeans that are LC. Horrid things.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Normally you're pretty sensible matey, but I'll have to agree with your self-assessment in this scenario.

I'd have said "Sorry sir, but it's our club, our food and our dress code. I believe Mcdonald's are more relaxed however"

Peeves me off when people dress like chavs to eat in high class restaurants.

One of the points of going to a restaurant with a dress code is that it discourages certain people from going there who you wouldn't want sitting at a table next to you.

In the same way that overly dressing up for a working men's club will get you trouble, it's the same for the restaurant.

Both groups have a dress code as part of their policy.

I may wear t-shirts and goth gear most of the time, but I do love to dress up for a fancy meal and I've never been turned down at a fancy place if making an effort.

It's part of the fun and the experience, IMHO.
    You are the late Mr Carradine, AICMFP.

Agreed - although I don't dress like a chav; if I do wear jeans (like the ones I'm wearing right now, at work) they're of the sandy-beige coloured variety, and a smart shirt plus jacket.

In a previous life I was *told* what to wear and how to wear it and I'm not doing that again.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Menelaus posted : Obstreperous bastard, moi?
    Normally you're pretty sensible matey, but I'll have to agree with your self-assessment in this scenario.

I'd have said "Sorry sir, but it's our club, our food and our dress code. I believe Mcdonald's are more relaxed however"

Peeves me off when people dress like chavs to eat in high class restaurants.

One of the points of going to a restaurant with a dress code is that it discourages certain people from going there who you wouldn't want sitting at a table next to you.

In the same way that overly dressing up for a working men's club will get you trouble, it's the same for the restaurant.

Both groups have a dress code as part of their policy.

I may wear t-shirts and goth gear most of the time, but I do love to dress up for a fancy meal and I've never been turned down at a fancy place if making an effort.

It's part of the fun and the experience, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    The point is that michelin starred does not equal dress code.

Dress code does not imply Michelin star.
    Michelin star does not imply dress code.

Some Michelin starred restaurants requiring dress code does not mean that all Michelin starred restaurants require dress code. Especially as, in my experience, most don't.

Return to the original question, where cojak is concerned that Mr C may have to wear a suit and tie. The only way to find out is to phone. But most times, you'll be fine.

I don't see dressing for dinner as a chore either. I've only ever dropped in to starred restaurants at a whim...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X