• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 10 mins until PMQ

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "10 mins until PMQ"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Golden Clown always comes out with the "Tories have no policy" line. Why Call me Dave doesnt tell him they are in opposition and are not required to put forward policy I will never know.

I have always felt that the "you are crap" or "you couldnt do better" argument is a smoke screen for "we know we are crap but will try and con the voters that you are worse".
    Totally agree "we are tulip but the other lot are tulipe" what a pathetic argument. My next least favourite goes along the lines of "things are already awful so let's make them a bit worse" - like people who say we might as well have ID cards and a DNA database because the gov already has loads of our data

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Christ! Is he blind?
    I don't know about the late great JC, but Blunkett is!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    1249 Former Home Secretary David Blunkett says people wanted Ms Blears' resignation to be announced in a "different manner". He says she and outgoing Home Secretary Jacqui Smith have been "terrific ministers".
    Christ! Is he blind?

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    1249 Former Home Secretary David Blunkett says people wanted Ms Blears' resignation to be announced in a "different manner". He says she and outgoing Home Secretary Jacqui Smith have been "terrific ministers".

have terrific norks.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    cant get it here in Germanland

Can you not get BBC Parliament on Zatto ?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    "Follow the links below to read the PMQs transcript or listen to the broadcast again.

· Watch PMQs on Number 10 TV (coming soon)
    · Listen to PMQs (coming soon)
    · Read the transcript (coming soon)"
    There is a text feed usualy available from the BBC politics page.
    It is slow though and you do not get the atmosphere of the chamber.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    There's a live stream available via the Number10 website as well - not sure if that is subject to the same locale restriction but worth a try.
    "Follow the links below to read the PMQs transcript or listen to the broadcast again.

· Watch PMQs on Number 10 TV (coming soon)
    · Listen to PMQs (coming soon)
    · Read the transcript (coming soon)"

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    All over now.

Opportunity missed IMHO. I know the expenses issue is cross party and so not really something any of them can take the high ground on but the fact that there are ministers leaving the cabinet faster than you can say Accenture directorship should have been fair game.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    There's a live stream available via the Number10 website as well - not sure if that is subject to the same locale restriction but worth a try.
    also available via parliament.uk.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    They have a live stream thingy on the BBC website... might be the most amusement I get all day....
    its blocked outside of the uk

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    With that amount of noise, it may as well be a football stadium...

"Oi! Brown! You're! tulip! blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    It's on TV in the corridors here, but they've got the sound turned down.

Cameron was looking very serious and saying a lot, Darling was looking like he'd just trod in a turd, and Brown was laughing. What was that exchange about?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by M_B View Post
    Good exchange between Brown and Cameron there.

Their argument

- Brown would not guarantee Darling would remain as Chancellor and his leadership had collapsed.

- Cameron has no policy to deal with the recession.
    Golden Clown always comes out with the "Tories have no policy" line. Why Call me Dave doesnt tell him they are in opposition and are not required to put forward policy I will never know.

I have always felt that the "you are crap" or "you couldnt do better" argument is a smoke screen for "we know we are crap but will try and con the voters that you are worse".

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    its blocked outside of the uk
    Oh... not sure how all that works

Leave a comment:

• M_B
    replied
    Good exchange between Brown and Cameron there.

Their argument

- Brown would not guarantee Darling would remain as Chancellor and his leadership had collapsed.

- Cameron has no policy to deal with the recession.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X