• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blears has resigned."

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Blears has resigned.

Oh, and one more thing Hazel . . . . .

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Hazel Blears has just left the building...and jumped on a train to salford.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Sky are saying this

But the Daily Telegraph now reports Hazel Blears' resignation as Communities Secretary was triggered by the discovery that she avoided paying tax on the sale of a second property.

The paper says the property had been designated as her second home for the purposes of claiming expenses but was declared as her first home for tax purposes.

"She was apparently concerned that the full details would soon emerge - possibly as early as today," the paper said.

However, a spokesman for Ms Blears said the information had been available on her website since last month and insisted the allegations had "nothing to do with her decision to resign".

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Pol...00906115294595

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I seem to remember on of those online lookeelikee things with her and Wee Jimmy Crankie.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...BK_800x772.jpg
    Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 3 June 2009, 13:24.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I suspect that they think that if they can distance themselves from Brown, they might yet save their seats. And who can blame them for not wanting to give up their cushy little jobs?
    Indeed and another clear example of why the term Honourable isn't valid in the house no matter how many times they bandy it about.

Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
    Thank god that vile little woman has gone, did she remind anyone else of Delores Umbridge?
    Now you mention it, yes I can see the similarities. I used to see her as a Hobbit, but Delores Umbridge is a far better comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Rats leaving a sinking ship.
    I suspect that they think that if they can distance themselves from Brown, they might yet save their seats. And who can blame them for not wanting to give up their cushy little jobs?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Looks like there's a little more to it. Seems there's another home she's flipped.

DT linky

Or is this the labour spin machine trying to discredit her even more now that she's broken ranks?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Rats leaving a sinking ship.

I seem to recall a similar scenario towards the end of Majors government. I suppose it's a product of any British government that's been in power too long.

Good riddance indeed Mitch.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
    Thank god that vile little woman has gone, did she remind anyone else of Delores Umbridge?

Spot on Jamie... thats exactly who she reminded me of!!

Leave a comment:

• JamieMoles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    it's Dim Prawn's head on a spike I want to see the most.
    A pauper from Swindon. Hasn't he suffered enough?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Good. Cretinous little witch.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Two down, one to go. I have everything crossed that Harman will fall on her sword too so we get the full house. As far as I am concerned, she is the worst of the lot...
    As much as I'd love Harman to be convicted by the court of public opinion it's Dim Prawn's head on a spike I want to see the most.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Two down, one to go. I have everything crossed that Harman will fall on her sword too so we get the full house. As far as I am concerned, she is the worst of the lot...

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    [QUOTE=Pondlife;859274]Looks like he's going to be awfully lonely sat at that big table by himself.

Still, he'll get first dibs on the cakes.[/
    QUOTE]

Quote of the day!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X