• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK server frippery"

Collapse

• Amiga500
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Mail server on the machine died and would not start up again. If in doubt, turn it off and on again

Took a while to reboot as it wanted to check disks at start up
    Glad you managed to reboot your toaster, I find crumpets can cause issues

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Unfortunately I am the help desk I think me being copied into 2,500 emails last night might have helped make it fall over.
    Were they all from Lucy?

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Is the time out a bit (~10 minutes fast) on the server now? The latest post times seem to reflect that.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    That's the power of Linux.

Windows 3.11 for Workgroups

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Unfortunately I am the help desk I think me being copied into 2,500 emails last night might have helped make it fall over.
    You've been snooping on CM and Churchy's steamy PM's again, havn't you

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    That's the power of Linux.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Mail server on the machine died and would not start up again. If in doubt, turn it off and on again
    You called the helpdesk then?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    If in doubt, turn it off and on again

Be honest, you tripped over the power cable, didn't you.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied

Took a while to reboot as it wanted to check disks at start up

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    started a topic CUK server frippery

CUK server frippery

Admin - still having issues with flooding or was it DDOS?

Servers blinked out there for a few mins (500 code). Tried to connect from 3 networks.

Almost fired up the FaceBork Group refuge page then...

Working...
X