• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who's Your Favourite Dr Who?"

Collapse

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Jon Pertwee, because he was the one I first remember seeing as a young 'un.
    Ditto. I've never watched it since.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    And you a married woman. Is there no morality left in this country?

Me and half a dozen semi naked Daleks in giant tub of Swarfega. Now you're talking.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Christopher Ecclestone

is the only one I'd liked to get locked in a phone box with, if ya know what I mean...

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Well said, Slave. Dr Who was a labour of love and a triumph of creativity over budget. Voyager and the like are just by the numbers American tosh.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    Quality show that. Dr Who was utter rubbish though
    I know, but it was made with love. Can you say that about your flashy Deep Space Nine or Babylon 5? Impressive effects, but where's the love? Where's the cheesy but strangely appealing 70s kitsch?

Having said that, there were a couple of great The Outer Limits. VALERIE 23 being a classic

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Scariest wheelie bins I've ever seen...

Leave a comment:

• Scaroth of the Jagaroth
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    Blakes 7 I can handle. Quality show that. Dr Who was utter rubbish though, I can't believe so many of you keep going on about it. The "villains" look like they were made on Blue Peter, and Pertwee was scarier as Wurzel Gummidge.
    What do you expect for a special effects budget of 75p an episode?
    Oi, I resemble that remark. We can't help the way we look.

Mind you, I think my good friends, the Krotons, could have made more of an effort.

Last edited by Scaroth of the Jagaroth; 25 October 2005, 14:32.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Blakes 7 I can handle. Quality show that. Dr Who was utter rubbish though, I can't believe so many of you keep going on about it. The "villains" look like they were made on Blue Peter, and Pertwee was scarier as Wurzel Gummidge.
    What do you expect for a special effects budget of 75p an episode?

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Night... club... ?

Da... ting... ?

What do these words mean?
    Exactly. Such words do not belong on an IT forum. We want threads about C++, Blake's Seven, Doctor Who, nudie women and sheep with six legs.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by voron
    Yes, but at least we have returned to our true geekiness. All those threads about night clubbing and dating attractive young women...God, some of us were in danger of becoming social adept!
    Night... club... ?

Da... ting... ?

What do these words mean?

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    Look what a beast you have unleashed, Voron. All these Dr Who threads in one day.
    Yes, but at least we have returned to our true geekiness. All those threads about night clubbing and dating attractive young women...God, some of us were in danger of becoming social adept!

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Jon Pertwee, but I couldn't stand Worzel Gummage.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    Pah, I'm better than any namby pamby Time Lord. And I got my own series too, just to prove it.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Look what a beast you have unleashed, Voron. All these Dr Who threads in one day.

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    Has to be Peter Davison. Might not be the best but he was my first Doctor, and everyone remembers their first time

Leave a comment:

Working...
X