• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Driving game for WII"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Her indoors has bought a wii - and a steering wheel - what's the best race/rally game? (not interested in grand theft chav gansta 7 or similar)
    Can't beat Mario Kart for multiplayer fun, but it's definitely not a "pure" driving game.

TBH, it's the only thing we regularly play on the wii.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    Well, I did say I don't play any computer games

Is it any good?
    It's a very fast paced multiplayer FPS, If you don't play games I'd give it a miss as you will get your arse kicked by 5 year olds.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Timesplitters is on it's 4th installment.
    Well, I did say I don't play any computer games

Is it any good?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    Has no one made a time travel game yet? It seems such an obvious concept, and there are plenty of games set in different time periods already anyway - from WWII to Assassin's Creed and dinosaur games and that. It would just be a matter of creating some kind of scenario which allowed the player to travel through time, and take vehicles and weapons with them.

I mean, I'd probably even play that myself, and I don't play any computer games at all at the moment.
    Timesplitters is on it's 4th installment.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    I'd probably buy that!
    Has no one made a time travel game yet? It seems such an obvious concept, and there are plenty of games set in different time periods already anyway - from WWII to Assassin's Creed and dinosaur games and that. It would just be a matter of creating some kind of scenario which allowed the player to travel through time, and take vehicles and weapons with them.

I mean, I'd probably even play that myself, and I don't play any computer games at all at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I have Oblivion but after starting it 3 times over the last few years I never got hooked, some say it's the best game of all time but it just doesn't grab me.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    I know what you mean, i dont really play games that much but have a weakness for stuff like Oblivion, Resident Evil and Fallout and once i buy one I need to finish it.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    The bad thing about the Wii is that you also need a PS3 or 360 too as it isn't very capable.

I've got a Wii and a PS3 and just use the Wii for Wii Fit & Mario Kart, not seen anything else on it that caught my eye really and i think (real) driving is one of the things it doesn't do.

Currently playing Resi 5 on the PS3 which is a cracking game and just finished Fallout 3 which devoured many of my evenings and i can heartily recommend - neither of these would be possible on the Wii to the same quality.
    I played about 40 hours of Fallout 3 but haven't had the time to play for a few weeks, I don't think I'll buy another RPG as I it just eats up too much time when I could be doing something more productive.

I'll stick to pick up 'n' play games from now on.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    The bad thing about the Wii is that you also need a PS3 or 360 too as it isn't very capable.

I've got a Wii and a PS3 and just use the Wii for Wii Fit & Mario Kart, not seen anything else on it that caught my eye really and i think (real) driving is one of the things it doesn't do.

Currently playing Resi 5 on the PS3 which is a cracking game and just finished Fallout 3 which devoured many of my evenings and i can heartily recommend - neither of these would be possible on the Wii to the same quality.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    For pure multi player fun Mario Kart is an absolute must for the Wii.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I thought the same - and had visions of monster truck racing through Stalingrad.
    I'd probably buy that!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    I thought the same - and had visions of monster truck racing through Stalingrad.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    I originally read that title as 'Driving game for WWII' and thought, cool, razzing an Evo through Caen.

Looks like: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Need-for-Spe...f=cm_lmf_tit_3 gets fairly good reviews.

Leave a comment:

• Mat7777
    replied
    Super Mario Kart

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    started a topic Driving game for WII

Driving game for WII

Her indoors has bought a wii - and a steering wheel - what's the best race/rally game? (not interested in grand theft chav gansta 7 or similar)

Working...
X