• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Help required for a Telephone Interview"

Collapse

• PaulCD
    replied
    Originally posted by GardenGirl View Post
    thanks for everyones help all they wanted to know was if I could extract data in to something like Excel. Phone call took less then 5 minutes. Seems what the agent told me and emailed me was re-worded to make it sound like it was more than it was.
    Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Seems what the agent told me and emailed me was re-worded to make it sound like it was more than it was.
    Shock Horror!

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    thanks for everyones help all they wanted to know was if I could extract data in to something like Excel. Phone call took less then 5 minutes. Seems what the agent told me and emailed me was re-worded to make it sound like it was more than it was.
    Cool Fingers crossed you get the job (if you want it)

Leave a comment:

• GardenGirl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GardenGirl
    replied
    Thanks that looks no different to any other wizard pretty sure anyone could do that

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Thanks everyone. I know they use Remedy and Crystal Reports (which I do know have used). I wouldn't bother trying to bulltulip anyway because they would soon find out and get rid of me. I guess I was just really suprised with the route it had taken because they never said anything about it in the advert

Guess I'll find out more in just over 30 minutes
    Remedy has a reasonable reporting facility which is easily learnt, and you can export to excel csv and manipulate from there.

Also take on board what Zara said re ITIL stuff, KPIs, top 10 incidents and the rest...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    JFGI

http://www.upenn.edu/computing/pennt...crystal10.html

Leave a comment:

• GardenGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Get ready to bulltulip.

If you've got a basic understanding that will be good enough. Anyway, what makes you think you'll have to "write queries"? Do they/you mean SQL? Maybe it's just clicking some buttons on a website to create an Excel spreadsheet.
    Because I've been sent details in an email and it states they are going to ask questions on how I am going to write and design fully automated reports. In what it doesn't say, but seeing as they have previously mentioned Remedy that is my best guess.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Don't say WHS in the interview or you'll come accross as a twat

Leave a comment:

• GardenGirl
    replied
    Thanks everyone. I know they use Remedy and Crystal Reports (which I do know have used). I wouldn't bother trying to bulltulip anyway because they would soon find out and get rid of me. I guess I was just really suprised with the route it had taken because they never said anything about it in the advert

Guess I'll find out more in just over 30 minutes

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied
    yeah WHS how can you explain the method if you don't know what tools they use; Remedy, whatever.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Get ready to bulltulip.

If you've got a basic understanding that will be good enough. Anyway, what makes you think you'll have to "write queries"? Do they/you mean SQL? Maybe it's just clicking some buttons on a website to create an Excel spreadsheet.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Would most reports be autogeneated by what ever servicedesk package they are using? If not they should be - prehaps go down this route. But as others have said do not go into the techie side of it.

Use you service management skills and a bit of ITILstuff saying you would need to analyse how you would report on KPI's, SLA's, top 10 incidents and problems etc. depending on their service management logging system.

Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Maybe ask them to explain what tools they use and so on before you volunteer what you know in that area (or not)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X