• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dilemma

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dilemma"

Collapse

• Chico
    replied
    An ex slave trader after his conversion. He then actively worked for the abolition of the slave trade.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Nice hymn, written by a slave trader wasn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    As I readily admit snaw I am an imperfect being and I pray for forgiveness for my actions daily. I feel a hymn coming on...

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
    That saved a wretch like me!
    I once was lost, but now am found;
    Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
    And grace my fears relieved;
    How precious did that grace appear
    The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares,
    I have already come;
    ’Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
    And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me,
    His Word my hope secures;
    He will my Shield and Portion be,
    As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
    And mortal life shall cease,
    I shall possess, within the veil,
    A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
    The sun forbear to shine;
    But God, Who called me here below,
    Shall be forever mine.

When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
    Bright shining as the sun,
    We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
    Than when we’d first begun.

John Newton

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    What did they say about delusions of grandeur? By your own words you are a failed contractor, an inadequate atheist, inarticulate, alcoholic, have low self esteem, prone to exaggeration. When I need tips on any of the above - I will come to you guru.
    I don't recall Jesus going round slagging the unfortunate off ...

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Forget it guys. Its all bullsh*t.

Remember the commandments Chico. THOU SHALT NOT LIE. A dictum I keep to more than you, even though I am an atheist.
    Thank God I'm an athiest too.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    amen

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Forget it guys. Its all bullsh*t.

Remember the commandments Chico. THOU SHALT NOT LIE. A dictum I keep to more than you, even though I am an atheist.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    why 60 ?

Leave a comment:

• ALM
    replied
    Well its looking like 60 developers will soon be on the bench for a while. (mixture of perm, consultants and dare I say it contractors).
    What bench?

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Go for an agile development of your own, it is all the rage, and if it doesnt work you can blame the business as they input very heavily into the development process.

And you will be needing some contract developers
    Well its looking like 60 developers will soon be on the bench for a while. (mixture of perm, consultants and dare I say it contractors).

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    He heard he was a submissive one indeed. That's how he treats you indeed?
    Eh?

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Wage you know I only have love and respect for you.. you know that. You are a Top Man!!
    Gee...<shuffles feet>...thanks

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I need some help from the our assembled bunch of IT professionals.What are the pro /cons of going for an inhouse developed IT solution compared with an off the shelf package? At the moment its all conceptual high level stuff so interested in general advice and any experiences in support of any particular option.
    Go for an agile development of your own, it is all the rage, and if it doesnt work you can blame the business as they input very heavily into the development process.

And you will be needing some contract developers

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Oh dear - what a bunch of fools the two of you are. Take a hint and do one...

Edit: The two fools are (for the avoidance of doubt) the self styled inadequate atheist guru nincompoop and the pleb who claims his brother is some sort of priest.
    Last edited by Chico; 27 October 2005, 14:50.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    You are a Top Man!!
    He heard he was a submissive one indeed. That's how he treats you indeed?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X