• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: X-factor

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "X-factor"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    This show has passed me by. I understand it is a talent show, but what is the X-factor angle all about?

Leave a comment:

• Bovvered
    replied
    durrrr, perhaps that is why it's a competition, to get rid of those who don't have the 'X-Factor'? Not all 12 in the finals are winners, only one. They are certainly not, "all crap" though as you originally said.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Bovvered
    They are all crap? mmmm, OK. Not saying there are serious Marvin Gaye contenders in there but at least 50% of them have pretty good voices. They may not all be stars but that's just a little naive - or maybe even jealous, or perhaps immature, or something else along those lines - to label them "all crap" with a single brush stroke.
    I guess my expectations are higher than yours then.

Yes, most of the finalists can sing OK, but this is about having an X Factor not just being able to sing in tune and wear a nice frock.

To have the X Factor I would have though originality of style and voice was essential, they must also have presence. Most of the contenders on this show have neither of these characteristics. They all sound like someone else or don't project themselves very well or no better than the average popwhimsical.

Would you want to compare Chico or whatever her name is to Kate Bush? Nah, I thought not.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "Except for girls aloud cannot think of a single UK modern talent show winner who managed to pull off more that one semi successful album"

Will Young.

Leave a comment:

• Bovvered
    replied
    Originally posted by Not So Wise
    Things like x-factor is something the americans do better than the British, though think that is due to a larger talent pool to select from.
    Except for girls aloud cannot think of a single UK modern talent show winner who managed to pull off more that one semi successful album, hell most did not even manage one.
    Now I'm not a massive fan of these guys, but I believe Will Young is worth 8 mil, and his mate GGGGaz around 5 mil. Lamar - blatently the best from Fame Acadamy, though didn't win - seems to be making quite a career for himself, picking up severl MOBO awards. Didn't Chaz & Dave appear on Bob Says Opportunity Knocks once?

That fat monkey Michel Macdonalds-Bic-Mac-please was obviously never gonna make it, but to continually tar everyone with the same brush is quite lame.

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Things like x-factor is something the americans do better than the British, though think that is due to a larger talent pool to select from.
    Except for girls aloud cannot think of a single UK modern talent show winner who managed to pull off more that one semi successful album, hell most did not even manage one.

Leave a comment:

• Bovvered
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    He must be a permie as they use terms like 'Contractors they're all crap'
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    He must be a permie as they use terms like 'Contractors they're all crap'

Leave a comment:

• Bovvered
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny
    They're all crap, but some are marginally crappier than others.

X Factor? My arse.

They are all crap? mmmm, OK. Not saying there are serious Marvin Gaye contenders in there but at least 50% of them have pretty good voices. They may not all be stars but that's just a little naive - or maybe even jealous, or perhaps immature, or something else along those lines - to label them "all crap" with a single brush stroke.
    Last edited by Bovvered; 23 October 2005, 11:30.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    They're all crap, but some are marginally crappier than others.

X Factor? My arse.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    What? You mean the voting is real... Gosh.

Tell you what though - it's really lucky that all three judges get one act through to the last few shows, or it would be really boring. And it's also quite exciting that it's usually the crappiest performer (like tonight's uncharismatic no hoper in the cheap rugby shirt who was least a tone flat all the way through) gets through every week so one of the judges have to throw out someone half decent. And then they can never decide who to send home.

I mean, what excitement...

Leave a comment:

• gus
    replied
    tonight...

The only acts worth staying in are
    - the 2 brothers, Journey South
    - Big bubbly Brenda
    - Andy the dustman

the others are distinctly average at the moment, apart from Chico, who at least puts some energy into it.

Part of Sharon's job as a judge is to make impartial decisions, and when it came to the final decision, she couldnt cut it, and picked the girl who she ejected last year as the one to stay in this week, kicking out the rather uncharismatic boyband 4Tune, who can at least sing.

Shameful.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Is that prat Chico still in it?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I reckon if they cant stop Magneto, then we're all in trouble!

Leave a comment:

• ancient
    started a topic X-factor

X-factor

What was the view on tonight's show?

Working...
X