• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Eurovision

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eurovision"

Collapse

• thelace
    replied
    like anyone other than you is bothered?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    UK now 10/1.

Massive movements in the odds.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    UK have moved from 16/1 to 12/1. If you want to make some money go for betfair who offer 8/5 on Norway. Guaranteed money.

EDIT: Betfair are now offering 19/1 on UK, E/W it is a winner.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by thelace View Post
    Nah

You watch the Eurovision Song Contest.

That instantly makes any comments you make about music null and void!

yes, Webber knows nothing about music. Pulled in 800 million knowing nothing about music.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You play Rugby and Deep Purple albums, I play the piano, guitar and drums.

I'm going to think I know what I am talking about on this.
    Nah

You watch the Eurovision Song Contest.

That instantly makes any comments you make about music null and void!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I don't know much but I know that 99.99999999999999999% of continental music is tulipe; I live here and hear it every bloody day.
    I'm off to see John-Michel Jarre next week. Front row seats, can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I play the piano, guitar and drums.
    Plan B for you

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

I don't know much but I know that 99.99999999999999999% of continental music is tulipe; I live here and hear it every bloody day.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    IIRC they have chnaged the voting from a public vote back to a jury vote, possibly with some public voting. This should mean an end to expat voting for home nations and possibly a little les of the tradition Eastern/Western European block voting.
    I think it's 50/50 between phone and jury for each nation. Still, I expect 12 points from malta.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    IIRC they have chnaged the voting from a public vote back to a jury vote. This should mean an end to expat voting for home nations and possibly a little les of the tradition Eastern/Western European block voting.

Edit : I appear to know more about the Eurovision song contest than any sane person would want....
    Last edited by DaveB; 14 May 2009, 14:45.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    16 to 1 for the UK to win, going to put down a bit on each way
    Doesn't Terry Wogan keep banging on about how political the vote is?
    Last year people thought the UK had a good chance of winning and, I just checked, came 25th i.e. below countries with very, very poor songs.

Obviously the bookies think the same.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    In Europe I get the impression that this is taken seriously (someone's already mentioned David Hasselfoff). In the UK it's treated as a big laugh by the gay community and ignored by the rest.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Eurovision is pointless since they expanded membership.
    Block voting means that only one of the old eastern block will win unless there is a novelty that all the others can vote for.

I also like ot see if I can spot an expat community in the voting. As it is a telephone vote and you can not vote for the country you are in the expats (who can be arsed) make a major showing.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Well the music was, the lyrics are by some other guy.
    Girl I believe.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    taught the yanks how to play their own music. Clapton and co rescued blues from oblivion when the yanks thought black folks couldn't play, British punk bands improved on the New York Dolls and actually woke the yanks up to the fact that there was something beyond disco, indie bands taught them how to play pop again and Metallica learnt heavy metal by listening to the British bands while all the other yanks were emptying tankers full of hairspray onto their empty heads and singing crap like 'you can't stop rock and roll'.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X