• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hmm is it me...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hmm is it me..."

Collapse

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Just been sat in the hospital waiting room watching the BBC News channel.

Specifically, some numpty MP saying how cross he is with the system. His professional adviser did the wrong thing and the MP is just a victim in all of this.

Poor thing.

(I must try that line with HMRC about my accountant and see how I get on.)

So, would they use this as a smokescreen? Of course they would.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

What is it about the poxy internet? Just where in the 7 layers of the OSI model is the "put in a typo" component?
    That'd be layer 8 ...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Anyhow .........

I was wondering last night if the tolerance for the abuse of MP’s allowances was a way of keeping the rank and file quiet while the big frauds are committed. Just how many billions did B’Liar hideaway over the years and how much has the evil snot goblin got in his stash?
    I'm sure you're right. After all, for the last year or two, believe it or not, the Telegraph has been practically fawning over Labour as best they can. (My theory is the Barclay brothers are angling for peerages.)

So why would they suddenly publish cluster bombshells like this if not as some kind of back-handed form of further support? After all, it's revealed that Tories are troughing too.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    or is there an awful lot in the press at the mo about expenses and MP's fiddling them. Whilst I do not condone such activity, does anyone else think its a way of distracting the great British public from more important events?

Discuss.
    I think so and have been saying so for some time. Notice how it all went quiet of the Pakistan vs Taliban stuff? Also, China is slowly but surely getting out of the dollar and is preparing for it's collapse.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Back on topic...

It is quite fortunate for our illustrious leader that so many column inches are being used to cover something that isn't just about him fliping things up though.

It's also getting a bit silly of the DT trying to imply scandal over a packet of hobnobs and a feather duster.
    Sounds like a good night in to me

But in all seriousness, I do think its a bit of a smoke screen to deflect from the appalling mess we are currently in

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Please correct this mistake in your post.

Thanks.

What is it about the poxy internet? Just where in the 7 layers of the OSI model is the "put in a typo" component?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Back on topic...

It is quite fortunate for our illustrious leader that so many column inches are being used to cover something that isn't just about him fecking things up though.

It's also getting a bit silly of the DT trying to imply scandal over a packet of hobnobs and a feather duster.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Anyhow .........

or is there an awful lot in the press at the mo about expenses and MP's fiddling them. Whilst I do not condone such activity, does anyone else think its a way of distracting the great British public from more important events?

Discuss.
    I was wondering last night if the tolerance for the abuse of MP’s allowances was a way of keeping the rank and file quiet while the big frauds are committed. Just how many billions did B’Liar hideaway over the years and how much has the evil snot goblin got in his stash?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied

Discuss.
    It's a witch hunt against our honourable members of parliament, who're sacrificing lucrative careers in the private sector purely for service to the country and people they love, and the benefit of all therin.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    When you say 'assed' I think you meant 'arsed'.

Please edit your post.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    When you say 'assed' I think you 'arsed'.

Please edit your post.
    ok boss

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by tino View Post
    I can't be assed this morning
    When you say 'assed' I think you meant 'arsed'.

Please edit your post.

Thanks.
    Aaaarrrrggghhhh!!

(I got the edit wrong too.)
    Last edited by BrowneIssue; 14 May 2009, 09:08. Reason: Duly edited. I can smell chordite. Why is there a hole in my foot?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I do hate it when people say discuss as if we are stupid school children. Edit the post please....
    It is an invitation not an instruction, you are perfectly within your rights to ignore it.

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its not the first time people have objected to "discuss".

And another thread goes totally off track. Shame as this one had potential. Maybe I will start my own.....
    It's the first time I've seen someone ask another member to edit their post, I just thought it was a little harsh.

I can't be arsed this morning though and may just be prissy due to the oncoming hangover, so, proceed
    Last edited by tino; 14 May 2009, 08:57.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by tino View Post
    I thought it was an un-necessary response, asking someone "to edit their post" because they used a term which you dislike? Grow up.
    Its not the first time people have objected to "discuss".

And another thread goes totally off track. Shame as this one had potential. Maybe I will start my own.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X