• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sssshhhhh

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sssshhhhh"

Collapse

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Ah yes, the old 'pubes in the p1ss' trick.

It's usually when they find out where the hairs REALLY come from that they chuck

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    It looks more like a muslim on his prayer mat with some fat git in a funny hat mincing past him
    Come over here and say that. And bring two references; I'll kick the tulip out of them too.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    I would add JP Rieves (sp), Graham Mourie and John Jefferies.....

Mmmmmmmmm I can see a slight bias towards back row forwards developing here!! Wonder why!
    I admire front row forwards and second row forwards have their purpose, but I think the rest of them (I think they´re called ´backs´) are just there to get the ball and give us a rest between set pieces and good old scraps.

Oh, yeah; Fergus Slattery was a good player too.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Fantastic character and one of the few guys from his era who I think would be physically up to the game these days; an immensely strong and skilled forward. The other guy from those days that I admire is Andy Ripley, one of the best athletes the game has ever had, and a player who would be star today too;.
    I would add JP Rieves (sp), Graham Mourie and John Jefferies.....

Mmmmmmmmm I can see a slight bias towards back row forwards developing here!! Wonder why!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Don't apologise; the spastic gait works. Just feel sorry for the 25 year old in black that couldn't catch me. He looked a right nana.

It looks more like a muslim on his prayer mat with some fat git in a funny hat mincing past him

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Well yeah - He really exemplifies the phrase "Not as thick as he looks"
    Fantastic character and one of the few guys from his era who I think would be physically up to the game these days; an immensely strong and skilled forward. The other guy from those days that I admire is Andy Ripley, one of the best athletes the game has ever had, and a player who would be star today too; I desperately tried and failed to emulate him as a kid. He’s been battling with prostate cancer and is doing a lot of work in the fight against that disease. Read his book; a really inspiring story.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Michelle the Tester View Post
    My head is so covered in scar tissue I have to wear it otherwise I spend half the game having blood cleared up. When Fran Cotton was playing there were no rules about clearing up blood..
    Ahh Yes - I remember.... You could have just had your head ripped off, and your body trampled by the entire opposing scrum (including the Prop who went round twice to "make sure"), stud rake marks over your entire body and the ref would say: "Get up son - thats where the scrum is!"

Oh, and Mrs Tester won't let me play without it. She didn't grow up with rugby and describes it as 'not a game, but a bunch of big stupid guys fighting with a ball in the middle'. Very perceptive woman is Mrs Tester.
    Very perceptive..... Damn these women!!

Besides, Fran Cotton's made enough money selling rugby gear, including scrum caps.
    Well yeah - He really exemplifies the phrase "Not as thick as he looks"

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Mich(elle)
    Please tell me it was a joke... or you were wearing it for a bet!!

Please tell me you don't normally wear "Girly Headgear".........
    Your last avatar was Fran Cotton who could have said:
    "The day you catch me wearing a scrum cap is the day I change my name to Susan!!!!"

(I think it was actually Viv Richards who said "The day I have to wear a helmet - I am too old!"
    My head is so covered in scar tissue I have to wear it otherwise I spend half the game having blood cleared up. When Fran Cotton was playing there were no rules about clearing up blood. Besides, I play no8 or blind side and sometimes have to step in at 2nd row. My ears look better than Fran’s though. Oh, and Mrs Tester won't let me play without it. She didn't grow up with rugby and describes it as 'not a game, but a bunch of big stupid guys fighting with a ball in the middle'. Very perceptive woman is Mrs Tester.

Besides, Fran Cotton's made enough money selling rugby gear, including scrum caps.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Mich(elle)
    Please tell me it was a joke... or you were wearing it for a bet!!

Please tell me you don't normally wear "Girly Headgear".........
    Your last avatar was Fran Cotton who could have said:
    "The day you catch me wearing a scrum cap is the day I change my name to Susan!!!!"

(I think it was actually Viv Richards who said "The day I have to wear a helmet - I am too old!"

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I cant say this nicely.

I was reffering to the "spastic" gait rather than the speed.

I do so apologise for that.
    Don't apologise; the spastic gait works. Just feel sorry for the 25 year old in black that couldn't catch me. He looked a right nana.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    If only. Ten years ago I could run like him for the length of the pitch. These days I have to be contented with my lightning pace over about 5 yards.
    I cant say this nicely.

I was reffering to the "spastic" gait rather than the speed.

I do so apologise for that.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    From that picture the only term that springs to mind is "run Forrest, run".
    If only. Ten years ago I could run like him for the length of the pitch. These days I have to be contented with my lightning pace over about 5 yards.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Yep, shame about the football goalposts; they were 'in storage' next to the pitch as the opposition share their ground with a football club. Still, I enjoy the sight of my opposite number falling to the ground as I show him a clean pair of heels. For some inexplicable reason that doesn’t happen as often as in my 20’s.
    From that picture the only term that springs to mind is "run Forrest, run".

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    Why are you playing rugby on a football pitch?
    They ran out of wood for the uprights.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Why are you playing rugby on a football pitch?
    Yep, shame about the football goalposts; they were 'in storage' next to the pitch as the opposition share their ground with a football club. Still, I enjoy the sight of my opposite number falling to the ground as I show him a clean pair of heels. For some inexplicable reason that doesn’t happen as often as in my 20’s.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X